001.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,101
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,909

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
Nice find! That is actually a rare unit. Guild made novelty radio's in the early '60's. They made a telephone, spice rack, and a couple of different versions. Not really a high end system quality wise but a very cool piece of furniture. It's probably worth about $200.00-$300.00 cleaned up and working, but that's to the right person who has to love it. Check and see if it has any Telefunken tubes in it. I thought I saw one in the picture. the others look to be replacement RCA's. Old tubes ave valuable and that's where you may make some money (if you don't want to deal with restoring it). For what your in it you could pull the tubes and sell the rest for 3X what you paid for it. Good eye~ :icon_thumleft:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldy, Take it to some of the antique stores in your area. A lot easier to sell that way than worry about ebay and shipping. Don't know any antique stores in Ventura, but if you are up in SLO I can tell you about a few.

I pick for 5 dealers down here in the OC. They all have their niche in what they want. Look for the big "mall" dealers where there are rental spaces. Find one that has simular items and contact that owner.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, that thing is ugly. But congrats and Im sure you will make some good money. Nice score.

J-dude

Sep 14, 2010
Greenacres WA
Nice find!! One thing I have learned is that you could post it on ebay and in the description offer to remove the amp if that is all the buyer wants.....musicians tend to jump all over those tube amps/tubes and build guitar amps out of them. I have a friend who picks up old tube organs dirt cheap because nobody wants them....he then pulls the amp out and either parts out the tubes or sells the complete unit for good money depending on which tubes are in the amp and the brand.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i like it , it out of mind and site , anti theft device ?

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
When my in laws were throwing away an old console unit from early 70's I salvaged the tuner. That thing picks up stations nothing else will and take a couple of mins. to power down. Works great in the shop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread