Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't know much about old air rifles, but can tell you that for $5 it was definitely worth the risk. I know that some of the older air guns are worth some cash.

A recent Shotgun News magazine just did a short article on older air guns. You may be able to ask someone from their website or on their Facebook page.

www.shotgunnews.com

OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobbypins said:
I don't know much about old air rifles, but can tell you that for $5 it was definitely worth the risk. I know that some of the older air guns are worth some cash.

A recent Shotgun News magazine just did a short article on older air guns. You may be able to ask someone from their website or on their Facebook page.

www.shotgunnews.com
Thanks, Bobbypins for the info, I will look that up! I know I definitely couldn't go wrong with only paying $5 for it, lol!

iceman0xh

Dec 22, 2009
Well in a few moments of research I learned Tong Il is a South Korean manufacturer of pellet guns

OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iceman0xh said:
Well in a few moments of research I learned Tong Il is a South Korean manufacturer of pellet guns
Thanks Iceman, for that info. I found that out also. Would really like to find a value for this gun.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At our last garage sale, an older fellow asked if I had any old Daisy BB guns or pellet rifles. In talking with him, he said that a large number of air rifles he buys from garage sales will pump up, but won't shoot. It usually wasn't because of a broken gun part, they wouldn't because the barrels are plugged with lead pellets.

One air gun he described had four or five .177 cal. pellets rammed together inside the gunbarrel. He said he fixed a long drillbit and made centering guides for it so he could slowly drill them out and not scar the barrel. The newer pointed pellets were the hardest to remove, so he had to fix a small diameter rod to somewhat blunt the pointed end so the drill bit wouldn't walk off center.

Hope this info helps you and others who read it.

OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
billjustbill said:
At our last garage sale, an older fellow asked if I had any old Daisy BB guns or pellet rifles. In talking with him, he said that a large number of air rifles he buys from garage sales will pump up, but won't shoot. It usually wasn't because of a broken gun part, they wouldn't because the barrels are plugged with lead pellets.

One air gun he described had four or five .177 cal. pellets rammed together inside the gunbarrel. He said he fixed a long drillbit and made centering guides for it so he could slowly drill them out and not scar the barrel. The newer pointed pellets were the hardest to remove, so he had to fix a small diameter rod to somewhat blunt the pointed end so the drill bit wouldn't walk off center.

Hope this info helps you and others who read it.
Thanks Bill, that is good info to know. This one will pump up, but I can't pull the trigger and there isn't any safety button so maybe the barrel is plugged up like you described.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this has me scratching my head as to where my Blue Book of Gun Values is. :icon_scratch:

You pellet gun is in it and listed as: "TONG IL : RIFLES : GARAND MODEL MT 1"

If I can locate my copy I'll post the values or maybe someone else with a copy will chime in.

OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Well this has me scratching my head as to where my Blue Book of Gun Values is. :icon_scratch:

You pellet gun is in it and listed as: "TONG IL : RIFLES : GARAND MODEL MT 1"

If I can locate my copy I'll post the values or maybe someone else with a copy will chime in.
Thanks, I would appreciate that!

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen an M1 air rifle before. The safety on a regular M1 is the little toggle at the front of the trigger guard. It should slide back and forth. I can't imagine why the trigger won't engage unless the trigger assembly is broken or it is on safe. Hope this helps.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
I was at a sportsman auction a while back and some old double barrel Daisy's well bidding was so brisk the auctioneer stopped the bidding just to say "these are only BB guns", and they still went for several hundred bucks. An replica of an Grand in a BB gun, never seen or heard of one before so it could be rare enough to go for a good price.

OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheldon J said:
I was at a sportsman auction a while back and some old double barrel Daisy's well bidding was so brisk the auctioneer stopped the bidding just to say "these are only BB guns", and they still went for several hundred bucks. An replica of an Grand in a BB gun, never seen or heard of one before so it could be rare enough to go for a good price.

Thanks Sheldon J for that information! I have sure had a lot of interest in this gun and have a T-net member buying it from me for a pretty fair price. I love finding stuff like this because it makes you dig and do research and learn something new. Have a good day!

Oct 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sheldon J for that information! I have sure had a lot of interest in this gun and have a T-net member buying it from me for a pretty fair price.

Who bought the Tong Il airgun from beulahlandgirl? I would like to ask some questions reg. some details of the airgun.

Regards, j.b.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who bought the Tong Il airgun from beulahlandgirl? I would like to ask some questions reg. some details of the airgun.

Regards, j.b.
Food for thought- Beulahlandgirl hasn't been onsite since March. I think you may want to send her a private message http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=17991 and let her ask her buyer if he wants to converse with you. This person may not have been on here in a while neither, after all, this post is nearly a year old. Many changes to the forum between then and now with the new ownership.

Oct 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Food for thought- Beulahlandgirl hasn't been onsite since March. I think you may want to send her a private message and let her ask her buyer if he wants to converse with you. This person may not have been on here in a while neither, after all, this post is nearly a year old. Many changes to the forum between then and now with the new ownership.

Thanks for the hint. I already have sent her a pm but she did not answer, so I have tried this way.
What else can I do?

Regards, .j.b.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread