Virgin Lake Park

lkylemoore

Jan 28, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer, Nel Storm, Maxpedition Octa Versipack, Grey Ghost Amphibian
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally had a day to get out and dig some holes, so I went to a place that I had been wanting to try for a while. It is a park that has lakefront swim areas and the lake is down enough that I didn't have to get wet. It has a lot of clay, so most targets were 2-4 inches down. I spent about 4 hours in a small swim area and the place is huge. I will going back because targets are everywhere. It is not a real old park (70s), but being virgin there is prob no telling what will pop up. I set my discrimation at 36 and I dug almost all repeatables. I found a lot of clad, a junk broach, cross junk jewelry, part of a sterling silver chain, 2 silver rings, 1 copper ring, 1 stainless love laugh live ring, 1 junk fake diamond ring (my heart did skip a beat when it popped up) and whole lot of lead sinkers!......and of the course, all of the trash! Overall, I had a great day mding and I got plenty of exercise digging close to 3 hundred holes! I'm gonna sleep good tonight!! IMG_7591.JPG IMG_7590.JPG IMG_7594.JPG IMG_7596.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 13

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Awesome site to hunt. I'm tired and sore just thinking about all those holes...:occasion14:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes, that's alot of nice finds! Congrats on discovering a fruitful site! :coins::treasurechest::icon_thumright:

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow--looks like a fun hunt! Congrats on your finds. -Lisa & John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread