Virginia Beach

Bladeii

Greenie
Dec 7, 2004
I'm planning on going to Virginia Beach in a few weeks. I'm taking my metal detector with me. Does any one know what part of the beach is best to detect... I know they just filled in a ton of sand, so i'm not sure where to detect...where ever, i assume near the tide line?.... Also i am using a White's Blue and grey...does anyone know how well these perform on the beach. Thanks for any advice you might have for me.

Upvote 0

gaspars ego

Jan 29, 2005
florida
Detector(s) used
MPX DIGITAL
hey blade i lived in va beach for 15 years and been to the ocean front many times never once did i see anyone with a detector.

It's all kinda sugary to course sand. many hotels right on the beach and many drunk partiers and sailors. my belief is you should be able

to get lucky anywhere you go. Everyone generally hangs out from 19th st. to 24th st. i know for sure that i lost a gold chain with

about 3 pendants on it you never know you might get lucky. there's a lot of parking so that shouldn't be a problem. if you get the

chance check out strawbridge beach thats where all the locals go to get away from the tourist and they where gold and have

change in their pockets just like a tourist do. and I've never seen a detectorist there either.

hope this helps you. ;) let us know how it goes.

steve aka gaspars ego

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread