What's new

Virginia Button

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today for a short hunt to a site we've hit before. Swinging in the rain is not my favorite thing to do but, sure beat the heat.
Only found a couple wheats, a couple handkerchiefs and a Virginia button. Tried goggling the button but, couldn't come up with much.
Felt good to just dig a few plugs....
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    187.8 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 28
Nice VA seal button. I have two but they aren't in that good of shape. Congrats

HH RN
 
Beautiful button-congratulations
 
That's a great button DS!
 
Nice VA seal button. I have two but they aren't in that good of shape. Congrats

HH RN

Would this have been an Officers button? When i first pulled it out of the ground couldn't believe the condition it was in.
 
That's one beauty of a button not many show up in such stellar condition.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Excellent condition DS! Congrats on the nice button.

Best of luck to you sir!
 
Would this have been an Officers button? When i first pulled it out of the ground couldn't believe the condition it was in.

I'm far from being an expert on buttons but based on the condition it might be a modern reproduction. Based on the back mark I'm sure someone can provide more information. I really hope its period in which case it is an amazing example. Congratulations.
 
I'm far from being an expert on buttons but based on the condition it might be a modern reproduction. Based on the back mark I'm sure someone can provide more information. I really hope its period in which case it is an amazing example. Congratulations.

I thought the same thing being a reproduction, hope it's not. It was found in the back part of a yard and not some field where fertilizers were used?
 
Would this have been an Officers button? When i first pulled it out of the ground couldn't believe the condition it was in.
I'm not a button expert. Post in the button forum and maybe you can get some more info. Nice find.

HH RN
 
I dug up one just like this last Summer along with a CSA button. Unfortunately both ended up being reproductions made for civil war reenactments. Hope yours is real, I was quite disappointed. :sadsmiley:
 
Beautiful button recovery, congratulations! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom