What's new

Finally, not a flat button…..

ncsuwolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
3,210
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Richmond va
Found yesterday afternoon near Richmond. Ground conditions suck, but had a spot I couldn’t turn down. Typical junk finds mixed in, but did come away with 2 military buttons. First is a great seal (ww1 likely) coat button that has seen better days, other is a couple of firsts for me. Virginia 1 piece cuff button. Never found a 1 piece state button, or a state cuff button before. 14.5 mm, assuming va 110 in tice (Albert’s va3). She’s been worn (a lot) but she’s still pretty to me. Best I can tell she was made ~1830.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4098.webp
    IMG_4098.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4099.webp
    IMG_4099.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4103.webp
    IMG_4103.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4101.webp
    IMG_4101.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
Upvote 17
Cool lil Va button, never seen a 1pc cuff in all my years.
 
Cool lil Va button, never seen a 1pc cuff in all my years.
They exist, but I agree with you, rare. Most folks I’ve spoken with haven’t seen one……I had not either.

And it’s 14.5mm….not sure if cuff or kepi
 
Last edited:
Nice finds :) Thanks for showing us
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom