Rebel - KGC
Platinum Member
- #1
Thread Owner
WOW! OLD history of our Commonwealth! "Google" List of FORMER Counties, Cities, and Towns of Virginia. WHOA! 

Last edited:

HA! Go to H'burg Library/JMU Library; review Books, make copies of pages you want, put 'em in folders & FILE 'em; what I did in my younger days. STILL do some of it in my current area of Lynchburg, Va., Campbell Co., Bedford Co., stuff on GOLD/SILVER Mines... WHEW!Okay now, getting my research list growing and no where to put them. I like to buy them and keep them handy but this Little apt lacks space. Had been doing a little more Google Earth search on Bridgewater and surrounding area. Think I am going to see about some friends who might have access back toward Mount Clinton area. Some old schools and churches back that way.
To old to do much about it but can still watch!
You can also do R & I in the Bridgewater Public Library, 15 South Street... and Bridgewater College Libray; been in BOTH, & they are nice.Looks like I'll be making a trip back to the book store to do a little more book browsing for research. Pulled a muscle in my back so I have spent today playing with Google Earth and looking at maps and the book I bought on Bridgewater recently.