344.8 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 0
I did find a point here in Virginia, about two years ago. I don't know if its real, because it was way too easy. It was sitting near the base of a tree outside one of the buildings where I work (northern Virginia). I was on the cell phone talking....I looked down, and there it was. I think it is what got me interested in artifacts.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-2317281956.jpg
    image-2317281956.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 98
Looks real to me, if a knapper made a repro it probably wouldn't be made of quartz....

Awesome. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

That's the way many people get the fever. That's also the way some of the better finds that I have seen were found. Just last week a friend of mine was walking around a pond that is under construction, and he found this.

image-2632853660.jpg

image-811891785.jpg

He has been on me like a fly on a cow's booty since he found that. Where should I look, why? When should I look, why? You get the picture. I gave him a book and said all you need is in there. Your point, looks real, not a doubt in my mind. Nice find. Now, find an excuse to dig the yard up where you work! I'll help!!

Totally....I am all over it! Lol. Fort belvoir, va. I also used to go walking in the woods at lunch and found old soda bottles. Teem, nehi, sprite national park series.....

Totally....I am all over it! Lol. Fort belvoir, va. I also used to go walking in the woods at lunch and found old soda bottles. Teem, nehi, sprite national park series.....

I've been around there, never hunted the river beaches though but it seemed worth a try with all the Indian names around you
Good luck

Nice Quartz point, I'm no expert but it looks real to me. I grew up near Fort Belvoir, on a hill overlooking Accotink Creek. Found my first point there. H.H.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back