Virginia Halfpenny & Seated Silver

U

umrgolf

Virginia Halfpenny & Seated Silver

:hello: Josh and I arrived to our latest site where he found the 1500's shilling around 10 am.. after 2 or 3 hours not much was turning up so we decided to head into the woods.... dead silence :dontknow: .. plan B :laughing7: (knock next door) owners gave us the go-ahead on their huge field.. Tons of buttons, a couple musketballs and found my 3rd Virginia Halfpenny of the year and an 1849 halfdime (2nd on the year)

Star rivets with leather
IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

Early Navy button with the shank on the wrong side :laughing9:
IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

Brass Escutcheon plate and Unknown
IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

Brass 6-pt star (colonial ninjas :D ??? )
IMG_0081.JPG

1773 King George III Virginia Halfpenny & 1849 Seated Liberty Halfdime
IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Virginia Copper & Seated Silver

Mindblowing finds my friend ! What is going on here ? I've just posted grats in the last 10
minutes to about ten t-netters - who are all finding old - or very cool stuff ! Argentium.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Re: Virginia Copper & Seated Silver

Argentium said:
Mindblowing finds my friend ! What is going on here ? I've just posted grats in the last 10
minutes to about ten t-netters - who are all finding old - or very cool stuff ! Argentium.

Thanks, there have been several great finds recently on the forum, I agree.. gotta love T-net :laughing7:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Virginia Halfpenny & Seated Silver

Isn't it great when they 'say yes' ?

Very good dig's :thumbsup:

Fossis............

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a nice pile of buttons Jeff. I would head right back to that field. Could be some nice military buttons, Spanish silver, or another VA Halfpenny. I dug two VA Halfpennies in PA last year, but this has not been a good year for me.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Steve in PA said:
That's a nice pile of buttons Jeff. I would head right back to that field. Could be some nice military buttons, Spanish silver, or another VA Halfpenny. I dug two VA Halfpennies in PA last year, but this has not been a good year for me.

Thanks Steve, 5 of the buttons pictured are Eagle A's and only 1 of them looked decent.. You still have a little time left this year and good luck at DIV..

good luck tomorrow 4-H

thank you fossis, soupie, & september!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

daggonit No 1560's hammered ??? Things are back to the normal great finds :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Oh well ... there are more .. I just know it :thumbsup: Your still in the game with today's relics and coins , Va half penny , half dime buttons , all nice stuff , what a roll for the J -Team :icon_pirat: d aWg

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007

Very nice stuff...Love the buttons and coins...Id like to find one of those virgina halfpennys :icon_thumleft:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, the ole halfpenny didn't turn out half bad, looking pretty good. Also dug one of those Navy Eagles with the shank on the face too....Noticed it as I was cleaning my buttons tonight! :laughing9: :laughing9: :wink: :headbang:

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

Why couldn't there have been a Pennsylvania Halfpenny or a Pa. state Post colonial copper? Once again Golf scores and makes a winning couple of finds.
Chris

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very nice and rare recoveries there Jeff. Half dime recoveries don't happen often here-even at old home sites. If we found those star rivets in Tenn. at a CW site, we'd guess they came from Texas or Mississippi Confederate troops. If you were finding only CW relics at that site instead of mostly colonial relics so far, I'd say the star rivets indicate Washington Arsenal manufacture. Any history on them? HH, Quindy

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WOW MAN! awesome stuff all around! nice job! pays to knock on doors :thumbsup:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
daggonit No 1560's hammered ??? Things are back to the normal great finds :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Oh well ... there are more .. I just know it :thumbsup: Your still in the game with today's relics and coins , Va half penny , half dime buttons , all nice stuff , what a roll for the J -Team :icon_pirat: d aWg

thanks, no hammereds next door ;D

Brian W said:
Very nice stuff...Love the buttons and coins...Id like to find one of those virgina halfpennys :icon_thumleft:

thanks, I'm sure there's one there near a cellar hole.. They seem to turn up outside VA fairly often.

{Sentinel} said:
Yeah, the ole halfpenny didn't turn out half bad, looking pretty good. Also dug one of those Navy Eagles with the shank on the face too....Noticed it as I was cleaning my buttons tonight! :laughing9: :laughing9: :wink: :headbang:

weird about the button, 2 there? the halfpenny had good detail, just a bit pitted

Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Why couldn't there have been a Pennsylvania Halfpenny or a Pa. state Post colonial copper? Once again Golf scores and makes a winning couple of finds.
Chris

I know, just last night I was wondering why some of the colonies made the coins and some didn't ???

VOL1266-X said:
Very nice and rare recoveries there Jeff. Half dime recoveries don't happen often here-even at old home sites. If we found those star rivets in Tenn. at a CW site, we'd guess they came from Texas or Mississippi Confederate troops. If you were finding only CW relics at that site instead of mostly colonial relics so far, I'd say the star rivets indicate Washington Arsenal manufacture. Any history on them? HH, Quindy

I'm not sure about the history on those rivets.. I'll ask Josh, but theyre somewhat common finds around here. Halfdime recoveries don't happen often for me either.. That's just my 2nd ever :icon_thumleft:

Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Fantastic finds :hello2: :thumbsup:

thanks Brian :icon_thumleft:

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
WOW MAN! awesome stuff all around! nice job! pays to knock on doors :thumbsup:

Josh and I have to be proactive about permission as most of our sites have been hunted hard and dry up for us after one or two trips. thanks HMN

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quote from: {Sentinel} on Today at 12:47:20 AM
Yeah, the ole halfpenny didn't turn out half bad, looking pretty good. Also dug one of those Navy Eagles with the shank on the face too....Noticed it as I was cleaning my buttons tonight!

weird about the button, 2 there? the halfpenny had good detail, just a bit pitted

They probably came off the same uniform.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Jeff, I love the VA halfpenny. It came out nice! :headbang:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Golf strikes the Colonial beast once again. The J-Team is the team to beat! You got loads of fields to hunt that won't go dry over the next decade ;D or so. Keep at it, man! I would put my bets on that your area will be hunted out in 2210. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :headbang:

Kirk :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions