What's new

Virginia Soapstone Boatstone

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, Here is a soapstone Boatstone that I found in Meadows of Dan Virginia about 30 years ago. Hope you enjoy. steve
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1993.webp
    IMG_1993.webp
    315.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1994.webp
    IMG_1994.webp
    605.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1995.webp
    IMG_1995.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1996.webp
    IMG_1996.webp
    689.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1997.webp
    IMG_1997.webp
    793.3 KB · Views: 182
Upvote 0
The only things that I can see on it look like damage from use or being rubbed against other rocks in the field.
 
WOOF! I left the best part of the story out. After winning my box of rocks, I carried them to the truck, pulled out the boatstone and took it back to show all of the relic bidders what was in my $10 box.
That's a riot-- yo BIG dog! 8-) Yak
 
Holy smokes -- that is amazing.

Kindest regards,

Monty
 
Hot dang!!! Steve, I love that story. Auction sales are similar to playing poker. Their is definitely a strategy to succeeding at an auction. You can't cling to what you want to bid on, yet, straying too far from it is dangerous. I'm bad about getting heated, flat out mad when someone runs me. I have shot myself in the foot a couple of times at auctions. Not antique auctions, dairy equipment auction. That's my line of work. An auction is still an auction, regardless of what's on the block. Your story is probably the best played out I've ever heard. We got to get together and hunt.... As soon as the ground thaws. It's nasty here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom