VIRGINIAN HOTEL in Lynchburg, Va.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
VH, once the site of THE VIRGINIAN Newspaper during the BEALE PAPERS PAMPHLET days (1885 +), is NOW open as a SWANKY, over-priced Hotel with a Restaurant on the roof (NYC is now in Lynchburg, Va.). JOB PRINT was in the same building, with entrance on MAIN STREET in Lynchburg, Va. The "local" mag., LYNCHBURG LIVING, July/August has a nice article "The Resurrection of The Virginian pg. 44-55. Also, "google" The Virginian Lynchburg, Curio Collection by HILTON; YO MOMMA! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Once a "Section 8" Housing Project, poor tenants were "kicked out" & HILTON took over...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"History" indicates that it was FIRST opened as a HOTEL ON April 30, 1913...

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
That sounds nice! Are you and Mrs. Rebel going to the Grand Opening?

Kace

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA HA HA! Probably not... downtown has TOO much street work repairs going on.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
HA HA HA! Probably not... downtown has TOO much street work repairs going on.

I thought with that historical location and all that's happened there and surrounding areas you'd of already made your reservations...I know Mrs Rebel isn't as fond of it as you are from what you've said... let's see how long it takes to make the top 20 most haunted hotels! lol!

Kace

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LAWDY, L'burg, Va. has MANY haunted places; MY "fave" is the old Hill City Lodge # 183 building, known as the WARD BUILDING. I WAS a member of # 183; NEVER got there to investigate. It WAS a Female Dance Training Hall with HUGE mirrors; Ghosties of former members there were PROBABLY upset with "females" being in their Sacred "Spot", and with mirrors all around the old Lodge Room, it was easy for the spirits of "THE DEAD" to "run amok"... heh!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MORE info about L'burg, Va. H'aunts, can be found in L. B. Taylor's book, THE GHOSTS of CHARLOTTESVILLE & LYNCHBURG (VA); I knew L. B. (from Williamsburg), and went to his book presentation in Ch'ville, years ago; I was living there, then. A chapter of MUCH interest, is Chapter 24: Does a GHOST Guard the Beale Treasure, pg. 122-126? BOOGALA! NOW we KNOW! Heh!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions