Virus vs permission

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to ask permission at a few places this spring but I'm guessing if they would have said yes before they won't be happy you showed up at their door now this virus is around. I guess I'll wait till next season to ask so I'm not getting turned down just because their not happy I showed up at their door. HH

Well hold on now, we have some other options, don't we? I would recommend trying to find publicly listed phone numbers of property owners. You certainly won't have as many options with that method vs going door to door, but it avoids any issues of infection. I would try contacting your state or county auditor's or visit the website and see if they have contact info for the owners. You could also go door to door and leave notes in people's mailboxes asking for them to call you if they are okay having you detect on their property.

Don't give up so easily! At least that's what I'm telling myself. I've been hesitant to get permissions of my own, trying to talk myself into it. ;D

I am not going to risk losing a permission due to the national emergency. People are freaked as it is.

Just detect with a respirator on I don't think anybody will bother you

Well hold on now, we have some other options, don't we? I would recommend trying to find publicly listed phone numbers of property owners. You certainly won't have as many options with that method vs going door to door, but it avoids any issues of infection. I would try contacting your state or county auditor's or visit the website and see if they have contact info for the owners. You could also go door to door and leave notes in people's mailboxes asking for them to call you if they are okay having you detect on their property.

Don't give up so easily! At least that's what I'm telling myself. I've been hesitant to get permissions of my own, trying to talk myself into it. ;D

The U.S. Code for crimes and criminal procedure prohibits the placement of unstamped flyers in any mailbox. Title 18, section 1725 states that any person who knowingly deposits "mail-able matter" without postage in an established letter box shall be subject to a fine.

I am not going to risk losing a permission due to the national emergency. People are freaked as it is.
That is what I'm thinking don't want to get a no just because of this going on, so I'll wait till this blows over and I seem to have better odds asking in person. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back