What's new

Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
6,797
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

A freind told me about some ruins near a river downstate so I drove down to look them over today.

After that I drove back north to visit one of my old lumberjack camp sites.

Had a great day and the color is really getting awesome.

Can you ID the stirrup shaped item I'm holding?

This makes about my 12th axe head for this year..LOL!

I found about 10 times more than I'm showing here but most of it never came back with me.

Happy Hunting

Badger
 

Attachments

  • ruins.webp
    ruins.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 775
  • ruins2.webp
    ruins2.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 780
  • ruins3.webp
    ruins3.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 765
  • ruins4.webp
    ruins4.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 757
  • ruins5.webp
    ruins5.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 759
  • ruins6.webp
    ruins6.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 751
Upvote 0
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

My first thought about that stirrup was it could be an old door knock. I see you enjoy finding the old artifacts like I do.

Burdie
 
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

Badger, good luck at the site! Tsgman
 
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

Looks like more promising relics. You certainly have a knack for those medium to larger iron finds. You must really know how to sniff them out.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant
 
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

The "stirrup looking thing" reminds me of the links on an old barn cleaner chain years ago - easy to adjust the length of the chain - just pry the links apart.

Diggem'
 
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

Awsome finds...love to go there!

HH
-GC
 
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

diggemall said:
The "stirrup looking thing" reminds me of the links on an old barn cleaner chain years ago - easy to adjust the length of the chain - just pry the links apart.

Diggem'

This could be what it was. There are so many options.

Thanks

Badger
 
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

Nice relics & pics Badger. Love those axeheads, no matter how many you find they are still cool. That looks like a neat site... would be good to get in there with a brush hog.
 
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

Love the pictures Badger! Always great to see where everyone is spending their md time...especially when the view is nice! ;D Congrats on your finds...I'm gonna have to go and see how many axes I found this year....

Nana :)
 
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

cool stuff bud love the pics!!
 
Re: Visited Old Ruins Today - Lots of Photos & Digs

Those are nice finds.

The site looks really good. Anything near water is old and good. Needs to die down.

Good Luck

Jeremy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom