What's new

Visiting Knoxville next week, need some info.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I am heading to Tennessee next week for a few days to help my dad recover from some surgery. While there I would like to head out and spend a little time detecting. What I am looking for is information reguarding the laws in a few areas.

I will be south of Knoxville around the airport in the Maryville and Alcoa areas. Is detecting in the parks legal in those two areas as well as Knoxville itself? I don't want to cross the law while I am out there.

Thank you,
Anthony
 
I didn't find anything saying it was against a city ordinance to metal detect in Maryville. It is against the law to use one in a state park though. Hope your father is well soon. Good luck hunting.

DANGLANGLEY
 
TVA property is by permission only(with restrictions). City and county parks usually allow detecting if you are meticulous about your recovery methods, removing trash and refilling holes. State and federal lands are strictly off limits.


Good luck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom