Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Visiting Pittsburgh--------My condolences.:notworthy:

StoneDogg1

Greenie
May 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pittsburgh is in allegheny county. Allegheny county requires permits to metal detect their parks (North Park, South Park, Schenley Park, Boyce Park, Round Hill Park...there are a few others). Permit basically says "probe only - don't disturb "stuff"". I've only been detecting for about a year, but I carry my permit (emailed the county office & received the permit a couple of days later - no hassles). I do cut plugs *gasp*, but am careful to replace them & not leave craters.

Unfortunately, I know of a few folks that do not get permits & rip things up in the parks. They have said that they've talked with police/grounds keepers/etc... while detecting & the question of a permit never came up (nor did questions about leaving craters).

BAH....I ramble...Basically, if you want to chance it without a permit, you may get away with it. Personally, I get ticked for just thinking about doing something wrong & the ease of getting the permit made it a non-issue.

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks StoneDogg1, North Park is huge, I was just thinking of doing one or two of the city parks. I'm probably only going to have one day on the weekend to do anything. If the park starts to fill up, I'll only do the usual few hours in the morning anyway.

Thanks, Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread