Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey T-netters, I've often turned to everyone here for advice and have never been disappointed...what I'm asking now is...For all out there who use visual and/or aerial aids for locating landmarks, old house sites etc...What app, program or site do you use? Do you use the library, and how? I'm looking at "Historicmapworks.com", and would like to hear feedback, if any, from anyone who has used that site. There is a "free" version but seems very limited. Even at $125 per year, I'd pull the trigger in a hot second if I hear positive feedback, as I know just one great site would make it worthwhile. I thank you all in advance for your time and consideration. ..sincerely, Scotty-aka Ddf.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like maps and there are a lot online- some cover some areas better than others do; you have to check them all out to see what works best for your area. eg, I have never been able to find a Sanborn map that covers where I hunt, but for others the Sanborns are great. Check out the mapping subforum in TN for lotsa links.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was into Relic hunting I would check out Library books on Civil War battles and Ghost towns, depending on where I was at the time. Work had me moving around a lot so I had to remain flexible.
Marvin

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Google Earth. I was recently "on site" at the Battle of Adobi Walls, TX. I could not find the old building foundations. I got home and used Google Earth and learned the buildings were just north of the memorial stones. Although you cannot detect here, I sure would have liked to take pics of the buildings. ╦╦Ç

A W.jpg A W 2.jpg

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use nsa hidef sat photos
you have to call them and say you are a metal detector, then they give you access

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread