niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't find any yard sales in my area, probably the season has ended. So, I stopped by the GW to see what they had. I was looking over the rack of belts when I saw what looked like tarnished silver. Usually when I look at the belts there are some that appear silver but are silver or rhodium plated junk. This time I saw sterling and 925 markings. I paid the $2.99 , thinking I could scrap the buckle for probably $20, maybe. When I got home and looked up Vogt belts, I was shocked to find out this set probably cost $400 - 500 new. Also, the Chacon leather belt most likely cost over $100 by itself. Wow, who spends $500 on a belt? :dontknow: 69 grams of sterling, but too small to fit me unfortunately. 20181027_131641.jpeg20181027_131618.jpeg20181027_131837.jpeg20181027_131752.jpeg

Very nice. I always check belts can you get a Ralph Lauren Sterling Silver one last year. Now to find a gold one.

I've got a belt signed with Chacon like yours. It doesn't have a sterling buckle, but is does have accoutrements of rattlesnake skin and mercury dimes

I learn something new every day, check the belts section...another thing on the list.

Last edited:
Nice find!! I make sterling and sometimes gold and sterling belt buckles, there are folks who will pay over $500 for a good buckle. I made a pair of sterling buckles with 18K yellow gold striped bass on them for wedding presents for a friend and his wife a year and a half ago, they would have been about $600-700 each had they been sold. One had an 18K sun on it and the other 18K moon and stars besides the bass. Not at home so I can't post photos of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back