Volume with detector/headphones

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All right then, thought I had it all dialed in for years now, but talking with some fella's of my peer group, "Seniors", we have managed to confuse ourselves. Turn the volume on the detector all the way up, to the max or near to it, and adjust the loudness with the headphones, OR... turn the volume of the headphones to max, and adjust the noise level with the detector. I've always understood it to be, Detector up, adj. down with the headphones. Thought being that faint targets could be heard better with detectors volume high, and bring it down with the phones for your own hearing in order to retain your sanity. Help us please, before we forget what is was we were talking about.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be the other party heard from. Detector volume 3/4 up and adjust the headphones to suit.

I'd be afraid of distortions by maxing out either to "full". My headphones both have a protector circuit so I don't blow out my ears.

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
Strictly from a battery conservation point of view, I'd say headphones up and detector volume down.
Will

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread