Vortex or Hydrocyclone Dredge System???

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Greetings:

A few months ago I saw a YouTube video on a vortex or hydrocyclone dredge design. Been beating my brains out trying to find it again.

This guy had invented and supposedly perfected the system. It was extremely simple; an intake hose, pump, combination venturi/vortex torpedo with an offset trough incorporated into the torpedo vortex/hydrocyclone to capture the heavies for removal and processing.

Does anyone know of the man/company who manufactures the above? Thanks.

Star

You can check your youtube history to see what you watched in the past. Please share if you find it. I have done some work on compound hydrocyclones and would enjoy seeing what's out there.

Underwater dredges were the first type made. Look at keene as 2 kinds. Trev Alty from NZ took them to new heights with his innovative improvements to his Mailbox design.. I'll still stick with my above water pressureized over/under recovery systems as gravity is your friend when utilized properly and recovery unbeatable-John

The above link isn't working today... But another perfected vortex system by Vortrex is pictured below.

P7280032.JPGPhoto0.jpg

126-2611_IMG.JPGPhoto02.jpg
Mike Higbie --Dave Frank ----me ------ Zooka
Yep, that's Dave Frank and his set up. He had it here at my claim back in 2005 when we had the 49ermike.com moderator retreat here.

Last edited:
Reed, the ole days. You all got beards except Mr Mike. Sure looked good times. :headbang: :hello2:

Agree, that link isn't working any more. But man does that (vortex system) works :headbang:

Has Vortxrex (aka Dave Frank) any underwater system for fine gold. I see from the picture it is much like a trommel or a highbanker with a suction nozzle attachment.

Just try in any search engine this : bazooka dredge gould.

Should work fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back