What's new

Wagon attack?

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
1,567
Reaction score
2,161
Golden Thread
0
Location
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20180804_215621_488.webpIMG_20180804_215621_485.webpIMG_20180804_215621_486.webpIMG_20180804_215621_498.webpIMG_20180804_215621_489.webpIMG_20180804_215621_503.webpIMG_20180804_215621_507.webpIMG_20180804_215621_508.webpHaha! Just kidding, but it's was really cool to find an old rotting wagon out in the middle of the prairie! The point looks to be a dull orange agate, the type escapes me though.......found with permission on a ranch in southwest Montana. First real point all year, the place I usually hunt is STILL under water!:dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I love that wagon! That point is beautiful also. We’re you able to bring the wagon home? I sure could use some wandering around in beautiful country like that!
 
To find that wagon, to me, is amazing. Whenever I come across something like that (never found wagon remains), I love thinking about it's story, who used it, who left it, why it was left, etc.
Nice find, man!!
 
Wagon attack? I think it could have happened. Or maybe wild game birds were beded down in the wagon frame and the Indians knew it. Lots of unanswered questions. Nice wagon.Congrats on the find.
 
Cool point! :thumbsup:

Looks a little like opalized wood? Also that wouldn't be a bad area to metal detect. Remember that they could have buried something just before a possible attack.
 
Great pics. And nice point find. Thanks for sharing
 
That wagon is so cool! Nice little point also!
 
Nice point and wonderful pictures!
 
Cool point! :thumbsup:

Looks a little like opalized wood? Also that wouldn't be a bad area to metal detect. Remember that they could have buried something just before a possible attack.
I think you are right, after I got home I cleaned it a little, and I think that is what it is as well. Incidentally, I was also out there specifically watching for petrified wood, because I have found some really nice pieces of it out there. My metal detector is broken, but you better believe that when I get it fixed, or get a new one I will be checking it lol!
 
Please keep us updated, looking forward to seeing what else might be out there
 
Looks like a KILLER place!!!! CONGRATZ....
 
would have loaded everything there.............. love it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom