What's new

waist bag, tool belt questions?

SteveDodds

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
344
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
Up until now I have always stuck my finds in my pocket, dirt and all. I have used my left pocket for junk, my right pocket for keepers, my left back pocket for my pinpointer, and my right back pocket for my digger. I think I need some sort of a waist bag or a tool belt. What does everybody use?
 
LC-2 pistol belt and 2 canvas tool pouches from Lowes(APX I think). The pouches have plenty of pockets for different items. Good finds go in one of the smaller pockets and the trash goes in the large pockets. There are days that we dig a bunch of iron trash out in the fields and this will carry the load out. I am probably going to add the LC-2 suspenders because I am adding more and more tools to the belt.
 
I use an old black 3 pocket apron with the top folded down and tied at the waist. 1 pocket for trash, 1 for tools, 1 for keepers! And black doesn't show the dirt!
 
I'm kinda partial to pink and purple fuzzy fanny packs or Monkey face fanny packs :tongue3:


monkey-fanny-pack.webp
 
I went to Lowes and bought a carpenters belt pouch (AWP is the brand, I think it was $9.99) and a web belt ($6.99 or thereabouts). I swapped the buckle for one I had on hand and dyed it green with RIT dye. I put trash in the outside pocket, keepers in the next pocket and keep a baggie for good keepers in the third pocket. The fourth has my log-book in a zip-lock so I can record what I found & where.

Since these images I have replaced the AWP patch with a Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum patch.

Another handy addition was to attach two rare-earth magnets to the rim of the third lip in so I can attach my digger to the pouch rather than hang a seperate sheath on the belt. Works better to carry a muddy digger.

Has a spot for my F-point, too.

Granted, it's no monkey butt-pack . . . but it does work.
 

Attachments

  • IM000855s.webp
    IM000855s.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,912
  • HPIM00484s.webp
    HPIM00484s.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,896
  • HPIM1702.webp
    HPIM1702.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,065
Charlie P. (NY) said:
I went to Lowes and bought a carpenters belt pouch (AWP is the brand, I think it was $9.99) and a web belt ($6.99 or thereabouts). I swapped the buckle for one I had on hand and dyed it green with RIT dye. I put trash in the outside pocket, keepers in the next pocket and keep a baggie for good keepers in the third pocket. The fourth has my log-book in a zip-lock so I can record what I found & where.

Since these images I have replaced the AWP patch with a Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum patch.

Another handy addition was to attach two rare-earth magnets to the rim of the third lip in so I can attach my digger to the pouch rather than hang a seperate sheath on the belt. Works better to carry a muddy digger.

Has a spot for my F-point, too.

Granted, it's no monkey butt-pack . . . but it does work.

Arrrrrrrrrr, that's as good or better then me monkey pack :icon_pirat:

Like what ya did with that :thumbsup:
 
:coffee2: Ill ad a picture of mine in a fue days
 
Go to Lowe's and buy their little nail apron mine was $0.77 and it has two pockets one for trash and the other for my priceless zinc treasures.
 
Hi,
I use a "fanny pack" that has a couple of different zippered pouches on it. I put the valuables in one, junk in another, a small eye loupe in another. The more zippered pouches the better. You can put your keys and cell phone in there. I don't like things poking me when I bend over to dig. I carry the eye loupe( starting today, all the time). When I find something interesting I need to not wait until I get home to "scope" it out! I hope this helps.
Mike.
 
Hi, all. First post. I started with a web belt. Hung my White digging knife in its own sheath, bought a Craftsman bag with 2 hammer hangers and pockets. Last but not least a finds bag with a velcro flap.
DSC01021.jpg
 
Pinpointer in left rear, digger in right rear and a two pocket canvas nail apron. Trash on the left and keepers on the right. No real extra weight to carry this way and when the canvas apron wears out you spend another buck and away you go. I have been using the same canvas apron for three years now, it don't look good but it is still workin' with no holes in it.
I always shoot for cheap and light....just me!!

Dave
 
Charlie, I like yours, clean and simple. The first time I used a tool pouch I had so much stuff in it I looked like Shnieder from One Day at a Time ;D
 
I always wear cargo pants and put my finds there, I use the belt from my molle vest with a sheath for my digger and a modified tape measure holder for my pinpointer.
 
I modified mine so that the pin pointer would fit easily. I have a plastic bag lining the inside pocket so it wont start to get disgusting. The Craftsman digging tool fits perfect on the waist band. I want to find a snap ring so that I can quickly snap my shovel into place when Im not using it.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 1825.webp
    Picture 1825.webp
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,494
a few years back i got a marlboro fanny pack that had 3 zippered compartments, one i use for spare batteries, the other i use for gps, knife, and the other compartment is for my finds. it also has a spot that was ment for a water bottle but that works out good for my pinpointer w/case. also has a webbed compartment for my gloves
 
last year i bought a bird hunting vest from bass pro

works good

junk, iron, big stuff in back where birds would go
 

Attachments

  • VEST2.webp
    VEST2.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,263
  • VEST1.webp
    VEST1.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,320
  • VEST1.webp
    VEST1.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,221
  • VEST2.webp
    VEST2.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,208
Bib-overalls - can't be beat, the lesche fits perfectly in the "hammer loop" on the left leg and pinpointer slides into the right narrow "level pocket" on the right leg. I use the front flap zipper pocket for my smokes, lighter, extra 9v battery and glasses and the big deep pockets hold my finds securly.

I've been detecting with people who carry everything but the kitchen sink on them. Leave a small bag in the trunk of your car with extra stuff in it (shovel, picks, canvas bags, a couple mre's, water, etc). Less is more imo.
 
here's mine ;D
 

Attachments

  • Bag.webp
    Bag.webp
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Bag_1.webp
    Bag_1.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Bag_2.webp
    Bag_2.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,095

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom