rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well seeing we had so much rain I knew the fields wouldnt get planted this week so I decided to walk one before they get to plant. It was windy, cold and of course raining on and off. I wear a rain jacket that is a wind breaker to just for that type of weather. Im hoping they plow or turn the soil in this field cause the amount of pieces I find is great seeing it hasnt been turned for 3 years and I am still seeing worked pieces even though most of them are broken. I found my 1st abrading stone but of course its broken in half to. I managed to find 1 decent little white point and the other in hand is a whole end scraper made from a flake reduction piece still has the bulb of percussion on the under side. Hope everyone has a chance to get out and have a look, rock

Attachments

• SDC12219.JPG
    SDC12219.JPG
    772.5 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC12223.JPG
    SDC12223.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • SDC12218.JPG
    SDC12218.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
Upvote 0

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There ya go rock, good work. All of my finds are field finds even though I have walked creeks and rivers banks many of times with no luck. Like you we have been getting a ton of rain and the creeks and rivers are the highest I have seen here in years :headbang:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are hitting it hard Rock way to go, nice finds.:icon_thumright:

They looked really good when they were dirty. Washed them off and most went to the scrap bucket.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good finds and that white point is a beauty! You have some of the best material in your area.

Thanks peaches very limited on my hunting areas rite now waiting on the planting to get done. You sure dont want to get in their way when planting is in effect. Thats the quickest way to lose permission.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know how you find so many on one hunt - all very nice!

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Rock ! Keep em' coming !

What is the middle picture? a hand axe maybe?

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Rock ! Keep em' coming !

What is the middle picture? a hand axe maybe?

No ax its a modified flint cobble for sharpening bone needles but its broken in half so now its just a cool rock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread