Walla Walla

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
WALLA WALLA!
WALLY WORLD!
THE LAND OF MANY WATERS...MANY WATERS!
THE LAND SO NICE THEY NAMED IT TWICE!

I grew up there...my home town as it were. I lived there from August 1972 till June 1982...Walla Walla for seven years and nearby College Place for three. My Aunt & Uncle's family still lives there.

I wish I was in the position to retire now...I would be moving there as well.

I hope you found something cheap in the way of housing...things there are getting crazy...the Wine Industry (the only Industry there...since Birdeye and D&K closed...well there is the State Prison, I guess).

If you see Bruce Willis around town, tell him I said Hey! and, I want the $50 bucks he borrowed from me back! His daughter attends Whitman College.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your question if there is an organized club there at home. I purchased my first detector (Fischer 552...$300 in 1979). It took allot of lawn mowing money to get that gem. I used to hunt at Fort Walla Walla Park...not sure if it is still legal to do so. There are allot of interesting places around there to detect...lots of Public Schools...I lived across the street from Edison Elementary on Alder Street.

My best friends Family still lives there on Alder Street...I WANT TO GO HOME! I wish I could start over again! There is a Heaven and for me it is Walla Walla circa 1972.

Good Luck...I sincerely mean that...stay in touch, and if/when I get back to town I'll bring my 6000D.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there its a very nice town.My brother inlaw lives in Milton-Freewater down from it. :) AA

OP
OP
Korban

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
Well thanks for the replies. I look forward to moving to a new area, it means i get to scout out some new hunting areas, well new to me that is. Im going to be working at Whitman, so if i see Bruce i will tell him to send your 50 bucks:)

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
Good Luck working there in Walla2. Whitman is a nice school. My Uncle was Principal of WWHS for years and years and more years. Do a Google search on Walla2 and see what you hit...LOTS of NW history there.

Oregon Trail...a portion of it stopped there...Nez Perce land...lots of old homesteads out in the hills. Lots of aircraft crash sites around there too during WW2. Walla Walla was an Air Corps training and fit out base. A buddy of mine has a B-17...whats left of it on his Grandpa's property...Wildcat Spring has a...Wildcat fighter sitting there...emergency landing...pilot walked out...

I would get in touch with the local planning commission and construction companies and see if you can scope out where they will be building new developments...they are tuning over 100+ years of history when they build those cracker boxes.

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread