Want to Buy a couple of defunct CTX 3030 batteries

jcc

Nov 15, 2018
Portage, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR550-D
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have one to take apart, you could use it to 3d print a replacement. Pick up some broken kids toys at the thrift shop for the battery springs and such.

OP
OP
R

RichErvin

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2022
If you have one to take apart, you could use it to 3d print a replacement. Pick up some broken kids toys at the thrift shop for the battery springs and such.
I am just trying to get a couple of bad ones to play with. I have re-built batteries like this before, and I wanted to see if this one could have the cells replaced. I have the good one that came with my machine, but it still has a bunch of life left in it. Unless the cells are bonded into the inner compartment, these batteries can probably be fixed inexpensively. Also, unless the casing is damaged, the water-tight integrity should be OK. Thanks for the suggestions! I frequent the thrift shops for electronics, BTW. I bought a pristine Fisher 1220-X a year or so ago. Someone had gotten it as a present and immediately put it in a closet- probably 30 years ago. I got some new battery trays and sprayed some contact cleaner on a stuck control and it is as good as new. I took it to the beach and had a blast with it!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread