Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having handled a few genuine cuneiform tables I have doubts about the four he currently has for sale as well as the five he shows as having already been sold. They all seem too regularly shaped and damage free, all with very similar patina. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
C

Coldramen777

Jul 24, 2023
Having handled a few genuine cuneiform tables I have doubts about the four he currently has for sale as well as the five he shows as having already been sold. They all seem too regularly shaped and damage free, with very similar patina. Just my opinion.
Thanks. So where do I get a genuine one?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stick to the larger auction houses such as Sotheby's and Christie's, although you'll pay considerably more than the ones on eBay. But at least they're real and you'll have the auction house's provenance.

When buying antiquities, you first buy the seller. Only deal with proven sources with a reliable reputation.

Last edited:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have moved on, but just for the record vega1688 is NOT a legitimate seller. He's been selling "cuneiform tablets" of similar appearance in mysteriously large quantities for a long time and they're all modern fakes, i doubt he has ever sold a genuine cuneiform tablet in his life.

Beedy

Jan 12, 2024
You may have moved on, but just for the record vega1688 is NOT a legitimate seller. He's been selling "cuneiform tablets" of similar appearance in mysteriously large quantities for a long time and they're all modern fakes, i doubt he has ever sold a genuine cuneiform tablet in his life.
Yep, the seller is in Germany. His name Michael Schumann. These are mostly outright fakes but some are copies of genuine tablets. You will find information about these and other fakes in this section on this useful website:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread