What's new

wanted to say hey

retiree

Full Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
119
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Grand Prairie,Texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I'm new to the forum. Been spying on everyone for a couple of months though.You seem like a fun bunch of people. I retired from General Motors last July. I hired in when I was 18 so I got my 30 yrs. in. I have a kidney disease and knew I was going to have surgery later in the year. My wife gave me one of hers. How lucky am i that she would give me such a gift. So after 20 yrs. and 3 kids we finaly know for sure we're a match. She is a nurse at Childrens Medical Center in Dallas. (now I have a sugar mama.) I've had my ace 250 Since January. Haven't found anything but some pull tabs,old metal and odd change but it's fun getting out. Sorry if this seemed long. I'm looking forward talking to everyone.

Don
 
Welcome Don

Cool Gift from your Wife !
 
Welcome Don. I know exactly how you feel. Last year, I gave a kidney to my wife of 41 years Ain't life grand!!!!!
 
X-Star.webp​
 

Attachments

  • X-Star.webp
    X-Star.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 177
;D Welcome Don great to have you here! Swinging a coil around is good exercise, not only for your body but ypur mind too. I'm always smiling when i come back from beeping. Even if I only found a lil change. This hobby is also great for expanding our knowledge through research and friends we meet here on the net.

Happy hunting
 
Of course you're not too long! We need more info!
Be sure to check outthe state forum for locals and there's lots of folks here that can help tweak that machine's use for you if you like!

Welcome!
 
Hello Don. welcome to the group we have lots of fun.glad to hear your health is improving I guess you certenly are a matched pair
as far as the junk goes keep at it the good things will start to pop up the most important thing is to have fun GOOD LUCK
 
Glad your abord. Keep swinging the ace ,you will get some kool finds soon. :coffee2:
 
Hi Don,
Seems you got out of Gm at the right time. That is wonderful your wife would do that. I wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

I think you'll enjoy idle time with your detector...some fresh air, the walking and exercise....it'll do ya good. :thumbsup:
Plus as you get your practice in and some research...you'll find some goodies. Then you'll really get hooked.

Best of luck,
Al
 
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great folks on here and you'll love checking on the forum on a regular basis. Keep on a huntin' and you'll start reeling in the finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom