What's new

war nickels awol

buckanear

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2009
Messages
325
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Miss those little soldiers.2 boxes nickels netted 1-39,1-dateless buff plus about 50 pre 60.There were several sharp coins in very good shape.$240 in halves and 1 tray of dimes=0.My horse trade from teller saved the day.
 
Upvote 0
Agreed! I love those war nickels but sheesh, couldnt find one in the last 4 boxes! POWs?
 
I've done 2 boxes of nickels this year and found 4 war nickels. 3 in the first box and one the second.
 
I have done 2 boxes thus far and found 3. Last year I found quite a few, (including V nickels and dated/dateless buffs) but seems the War nickels have slowed down a bit round here. Picking up a box or two this afternoon.


apush :read2:
 
I went through 12000 nickels last week and found 3. I really dont think its worth it, but i would do it again.
 
last week was 10,000 nicks (2 boxes & 2 bags)
296 Pre-1960
4 war nicks
1937 buffalo
2 dateless buffalo
various foreign coin (7 pieces)

in 2010 the weekly avg. was more, wonder if finally they've started culling the war nicks around here. Seemed untouched until recently.
 
Hey
I did 6 boxes of nickles in Jan hopeful to get out and get a box or two today too. I dont have a car though so lugging around 40 pounds of nickles is not much fun. I currently am at 7 war nicks,(lost 1944 p), 1 worn buff and, 1 1939, i have been averaging around 30-40 pre 1960 nicks per box, but am starting to get a decent amount that i dont know what to do with so i might just start keeping 1955 and back

box 1 - 1944 s - no box markings
box 2 - 1 super worn buff 1929 ( date barely there) 1942, 1943 D, 1944 P, 1945 S, CC stamped on box
box 3 - 1942, 1943 D - no box markings
box 4 - 1942 - no box markings
box 5 - Skunk - LA stamped on box
box 6 - 1 Lone 1943 S (found in the last 3 rolls)- LA stamped on box
 
Nickels have been very good to us here the past month or so. Been averaging one war nic per box or so and have gotten some buffalos with dates even. Best thing is we have been getting a steady stream of BU early Jeffs including a 1942 D that is very nice. That's a pretty rare coin in BU. Can't explain it, but I'm hitting them hard as long as it keeps playing out!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom