War of 1812 button

cgdigger

Feb 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this within the walls of a fort used in the War of 1812. The coolest part is that the 2nd Regiment of Artillery is documented as being at that fort, which is what this button is from. Can't beat matching up a way cool find with the actual history of the location where it was found. Thanks for looking, Andy

Attachments

• 2nd regt artillery front.jpg
    2nd regt artillery front.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 2nd regt artillery back.jpg
    2nd regt artillery back.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 13
Very nice button, Great save! I hope that fort is on private property. If there are actually walls standing, I'm surprised the archies havnt claimed it.

Great find. I really enjoy finding artifact that are linked directly to a specific place and time. Adds a little grandeur to the find. Since I'm healing up from from knee replacement. I really enjoy READING about great finds.

Sweet finds !!!! Great post

Nice.
Don't see that style often,
I've found many pewters of the period,
Just a few of those script arties in bronze

Congrat's on a Great save and find of History. Like you said, nothing more personalizes an artifact like finding one in a specific place as you did here, and being able to attach it to a certain regiment that was there. Well Done all the way around. That button will surely be an addition to your display.:jim:

I dug one similar, mine is Reg. 1, this is one of my favorite buttonsbut3.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back