What's new

✅ SOLVED Warmer for what?

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2017
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,906
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
Other
All, I returned to the former chicken farm yesterday and dug these 2 brass round objects. They both measure 3" in diameter and the one on the right is about 1/2" tall, because it has some sort of fitting. The one on the left has the word "WARMER" near the center. Looking at the third picture it appears they are formed by 2 thin disks sandwiched together. Can anyone ID and/or date these?
 

Attachments

  • A.webp
    A.webp
    122.2 KB · Views: 100
  • B.webp
    B.webp
    151.2 KB · Views: 91
  • C.webp
    C.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 91
Being from a chicken farm they may be nest warmers.
Although I don't really think that is what they are.
I've seen them before but CRS keeps me from remembering.
 
Upvote 0
It is a "thermostat wafer" used in brooders and incubators.
 
Upvote 0
Creskol, man you are good! I thought it could be chicken related, but because I found a 1928-29 Ford Model A radiator cap and early 19th C fiddleback spoon in the same area, I wasn't sure. Again thanks so much, the property owner is a history enthusiast and will happy to know the ID.
 
Upvote 0
Also known as a barometric can!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom