What's new

⚠️ Starts TONIGHT: Alert issued for 21 States - Blackout and Communication Disruptions WARNING

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,846
Reaction score
76,282
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure I Believe it, But There are Tons of Doom Sayers p0pping up on YouTube Today

​

 
Last edited:

Space Weather Report for the Cannibal CME Racing Towards Earth​

 
Space weather is real. The speculation that dips into earthquakes and doom and gloom is just that.

Professional land surveyors watch space weather just like farmers watch the atmospheric weather. Not saying we are going to see power outages, but our power grid system is vulnerable to these types of magnetic storms.
 
Keeping it shorter and more relevant. This is what AI anticipates the worst case affect of the currently predicted G4 Severe storm could do for us.

“If the event hits with worst-case orientation, expect widespread auroras, major strain on the power grid, satellite/GPS/communication disruptions, transportation/charging infrastructure issues, and serious public infrastructure stress. The magnitude of damage depends heavily on orientation, local defenses, and system resilience — it may not reach the catastrophic scale of a “Carrington-class” event unless the magnetic coupling is maximal, but even a “severe G4” event can cause significant disruption.”
 
There were bright auroras here (Missouri), but no power or telecomm disruptions that I could tell.

IMG_4397.webp
 
Well we did have a spectacular display of the northern lights here in Summit County last Tuesday. Everybody and his Uncle got pics of it. But guess who was at work and didn't have a clue? Was out Wednesday night, but nothing. I have seen them before, even in Oklahoma, but usually it's just a red glow. I don't feel too bad though, cause yesterday I was walkin along a rec path here and up ahead of me an electrical transformer blew up, and the flames were the same color as the northern lights.
 
Well we did have a spectacular display of the northern lights here in Summit County last Tuesday. Everybody and his Uncle got pics of it. But guess who was at work and didn't have a clue? Was out Wednesday night, but nothing. I have seen them before, even in Oklahoma, but usually it's just a red glow. I don't feel too bad though, cause yesterday I was walkin along a rec path here and up ahead of me an electrical transformer blew up, and the flames were the same color as the northern lights.
Interesting. I wonder if it had anything to do with the geomagnetic storm?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom