What's new

was just thinking

astro-nut

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
southwest fla
Detector(s) used
whites spectra, dual field, beachhunter300, minelab quattro
ok here is the senerio: you r mding down the wet sand, all of the sudden u get a signal and u look down and spot a quarter on the surface.it is a bit corode and the date on it is 20 yrs ago . would u continue to detect down the beach or hit the area u found the quarter hard? and is finding that quarter just a random coin exposed by low tide?




manny
 
Upvote 0
A 20 year old coin (clad) could have been lost yesterday. With little corrosion and not encrusted with a thick black casing I would say it wasn't lost 2 long ago especially with the amount of people running detectors over the sand. I would give the area a quick going over and continue to hunt
 
Clad coins are common, but when I find a target on wet sand, I usually start a spiral search for about 6-8 ft each direction (12-16 foot diameter circle), if there are no more targets I move on.
 
I do the same. If I found a quarter, I search all around it in a wide circle to see if more coins have been dropped. This has worked for me. I found several coins in a line, as dropped by somebody walking.

Good luck on your hunting,

skt
 
MT Pockets said:
I agree.. I wouldn't waste too much time.. Just because, I could care less about clad...

Afterall, I'm a water hunter.. "GoldHunter" that's why I Sold MY Explorer SE...

Who wants do dig in the dirt anymore.. You can have all the Clad you want.. I'd rather have the quick recover of Gold...

I Now consider digging in the Dry sand.. the same as digging in Dirt.. JMO




erikk said:
A 20 year old coin (clad) could have been lost yesterday. With little corrosion and not encrusted with a thick black casing I would say it wasn't lost 2 long ago especially with the amount of people running detectors over the sand. I would give the area a quick going over and continue to hunt

Ditto for me too. Check for a pocket spill and move on. Now if it was silver I would check better as it might have been uncovered by tides or the wind. Keep knowledgable about the recent weather too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom