What's new

Washington, Indian and Fork

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
2,521
Reaction score
2,238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Silversmith and I headed back to my door knock permission from last weekend. It was 30 degrees when we got there, ( for those of you up north, that is COLD down here), and the first couple of hours were disappointing. However, we finished strong! I got my first silver washington, 1935, and my first IHP, 1888. (Yes, I found a Barber and Seated Liberty quarter before I found my first silver Washington). I also found a 1.6 oz sterling silver fork monogrammed with an M. Silversmith found a small silver spill consisting of a 1952 Washington, a 195something Roosevelt and a 1942P Jefferson. We left happy.

My wife and I stopped last night at a local bakery and bought an apple pie for the lady. After we finished hunting this morning, I went in, brought her the pie and talked for another 30 minutes or so. She seems to love having us out there. WooHoo! We are going to go back tomorrow morning, and then let the site rest for 3-4 weeks.

Anyways... here are the pics.

20160123 Washington and IHP.webp
20160123 Silver Fork.webp
 
Upvote 18
Very nice permission hunt with a nice silver and copper recovery.
 
Congrats on pulling multiple firsts. :occasion14: good luck in pulling the all the goodies from the rest of that property.
 
Congrats on some nice silver finds.
You were real smart to offer that lady an apple pie. Good move.
 
Thanks for the replies.

In my excitement over the coins, I forgot about this find.

20160123 RFD lock.webp
 
LOVE THE EATING UTINSELS ///
 
Quick follow up. We hit that permission again this morning for the last time for a while. My partner found a Great Seal Button and what appears to be a canister shot ball. I found a 1943p war nickel, 1944 and 1946d wheats and some clad. I was kinda getting used to finding a new bucket lister every trip! :laughing7:
Anyways.... here is the nickel.
20160124 war nickel.webp
 
Well done CC! Congrats on the firsts!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom