What's new

Washington Thumbnail Scraper - 'Chocolate' Agate/Opal Wood

scepter1

Sr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
361
Reaction score
525
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DSCN5489.webp

DSCN5493.webp

DSCN5844.webp
 
Upvote 0
Very nice! I like the flaking on it. Pretty material too
 
Great looking piece!

You have some very nice materials out there!
 
wow, that is cool looking.
 
That’s a nice find. Very well made. Could it have been hafted? The material is outstanding.
 
Very Nice! Beautiful.:icon_thumleft:
 
That’s a nice find. Very well made. Could it have been hafted? The material is outstanding.

That was my first thought. But I couldn't see any wear marks that it was hafted, so don't know... The material was brought to here in Western Washington from Eastern Washington either by going over the Cascade Mountain range, or by going down the Columbia River towards the Portland Oregon and then north into Washington.
 
where's the nearest source of that stuff..?? Not close by?
Such a beauty, I'd think it was maybe traded - certainly special enough...!
Great Find! :icon_thumright:
 
where's the nearest source of that stuff..?? Not close by?
Such a beauty, I'd think it was maybe traded - certainly special enough...!
Great Find! :icon_thumright:

The material was brought to here in Western Washington from Eastern Washington (probably Saddle or Rattlesnake Mountains) either by going over the Cascade Mountain range, or by going down the Columbia River towards the Portland Oregon and then north into Washington. Either way, hundreds of miles. i have found other 'out of place' artifacts here, and I think it was a summer time trading/potlatch location.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom