Wasn't even planning on buying anything at the flea, still had a great gold day!

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to clear out some stuff so haven't been going buying much, but today I had planned on going to the flea market to get opinions on some Native American silver items from a local seller. I got a late start & then got held up en route so I didn't get to the flea until almost noon. After talking to the person I had gone there to talk to I figured it wouldn't hurt to shop a little bit since I was already there. Got all of this gold for $20 from one person, that high-karat stuff is always a rush! That's rent sorted at least. This picture doesn't include another 14k ring, white gold with a very large white stone set in a very high-end way that I haven't seen before; it also has lots of marks inside the band that are hard to decipher. Would be a wonderful find if it is actually a diamond. I will post it here when I get a chance and see what y'all think.
20161217_142657~2.jpg

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Am I reading that right 25 grams of 22k? That is a super score! Great finds!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! I've noticed when I go to people like that and by their gold for nothing after I pay for it and put it my pocket, I always ask them if they have any gold jewelry they would like to sell. Sometimes it's amazing what else they pull out of their pocket or out of the backseat of their car!

That is one awesome score there. Congratulations. I haven't seen anything 22K for probably three years.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one heck of a deal!
Nice!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to shop at your fleamarket! By the way I picked up a 14 karat gold ring with a large white stone several months ago and it turned out to be a white topaz. There's a high probability that's what you got.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find! I've only seen 22K once in my life and that was at a gold/scrap shop in Cape Cod. The owner has all sorts of neat items from the local ladies whose husbands traveled the world by boat. The 22K bracelet he had was Indian and the 12 beads were the size of root beer barrel candies with carved elephants on them. It weighs about 11 ounces of nearly solid gold!!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score! I have an old Japanese 22kt gold flower necklace in the safe dep box.
The thing is so tarnished(hasn't been polished in decades), it doesn't even look like gold, more like brass.
Would love to see the ring. With multiple marks inside, it could very well be a desired designer ring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread