What's new

Watch fob?

JJS NEW ENGLAND

Full Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2007
Messages
130
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER SE-- B.H LEGACY 3300 WITH 11 INCH DD COIL
Im pretty sure its a fob but no clue of a maker. any info is appreciated.



thanks for the id and info :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20110315_212741-1[1].webp
    IMG_20110315_212741-1[1].webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 390
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7903192

Sterling Watch Fob/Medal w/Blue Ribbon: circa WWI, showing soldiers with horses in a railroad car. Marked Union Made-I.J.W.U. Sterling. Related to the Legions 40 and 8.

International Jewelry Workers' Union. This is for a American Legion Veteran who was a member of the Forty and Eight Society. Its official name was "La Société des Quarante Hommes et Huit Chevaux," which is French, and literally translates as "The Society of Forty Men and Eight Horses.".

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wwi-era-american-legion-badge-pin-40-85206012 (different version)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com (about the 40 & 8 Society)
 

Attachments

  • I.J.W.U. circa WW I fob.webp
    I.J.W.U. circa WW I fob.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 40 and 8 Society fob.webp
    40 and 8 Society fob.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 309
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom