What's new

Watch Out!!!! Stampede!!!!!!!

engine 823

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
312
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
;D :o
Had an awesome box of nickels the other day!!! Found 7 Buff Nickels and 35 Pre 1960 nickels along with 2 silver war nickels!!!! My best nickel box ever. All the Buffs had the date worn off except one which was 1929. Great nickel boxes are out there!!!
:hello2: :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • CSC_0069.webp
    CSC_0069.webp
    277.3 KB · Views: 598
Upvote 0
Nice finds there 823. Looks like the Buff's are all from Philly too. Try some Nic-a-date to find the years and confirm any mintmarks.
 
Thanks I may try that! Curious how do you know they are from Philly??
 
Whats on them? They look like they are coated in something.
 
Huh, curious. I found 14 Buffs (All Philly as well) in a box on Monday. Immediately checked your location to see if you were from Philly, haha.

Buffalo's are making a comeback! :P
 
Great score! Congrats!
 
engine 823 said:
Thanks I may try that! Curious how do you know they are from Philly??

I didn't see any mint marks. It would be on the reverse below "FIVE CENTS"; "D" for Denver, "S" for San Francisco and no mint mark if it was minted in Philadelphia.
 
Buff's are definitely making a comeback! Even here on the west coast!
 
Thanks for the mint mark info guys.
I don't believe anything is on them, Must just be the light.
Sorry I ahve not replied lately, I have been out of state
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom