Watch Those Grounds Crews!

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Me and knorrski finally had the day off together and the Van is up and running again so we found a new fairgrounds to hunt.After talking to the grounds keeper and finding out a little bit about the age(1948) I felt good we could find a few.We started finding some decent quantity when knorrski popped out our first silver in the area.(1963 s dime) not awesome but silver is silver.Anyways we were about ready to go check out another area nearby when i noticed the grounds crew had ripped up about a 30' by 200' ft section of sod.It was only the top layer of ground but by taking that up they took all the top layer of trash also.We decided to check it out real quick.Within about 5 min I found a wheatie on the surface,a few minutes later knorrski scored a 1943s merc.I followed with another wheat and then I got my silver with a 1941 merc of my own.We added another wheat or 2 before it dried up.We totaled 69 clad,2 mercs,1 s.rosie and 3 wheats a ring and token.Not too bad for about 4 hours.

peace,bigrig

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sound's pretty sweet bigrig...Are you all going back for round 2?Thank's for the tip and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions