What's new

Water color or print?

mudkicker

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
22
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600//Tek-Point Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! I found this at a thrift store today for $2.50

Looks like this guy (John Haymson) was a pretty prolific artist and sold many watercolors, oils and prints.

I found one example of this particular picture on ebay but it is a little different. It has the picture title where mine does and also on the bottom left of the picture itself.

Any idea how to tell if this is a fake, print or original? I looked with a magnifying glass and cant make out anything that would make me believe its printed but I am no expert.

Cool picture regardless.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-3596.webp
    IMG-3596.webp
    923.9 KB · Views: 156
If you can't tell in person it is very difficult for us to tell from a picture. I suspect it is a lithograph. It seems Haymson's work was very popular and widely reproduced in the 60's and 70's.
 
Upvote 0
A print would have very tiny circles and if it was painted I would Think it would be signed just a guess
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom