Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big button guy so I know very little. Found my share of flats over the past several years as well as an Eagle and some decorative buttons. This one has me a little puzzled. Don't think its anything special but would like to find out what the CV stands for. Thanks for looking and any info you may pass on. DSCN2617 (2).JPG DSCN2618.JPG

Upvote 1
OP
OP
poorman15

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So its a central Vermont RR button. Detect America pulled through for me and a member there knew what it was and passed me a link.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like any kind of RR buttons, they are a fairly scarce find. Whats the date of it?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great piece of Railroad history. Buttons are always welcome in my display cases.

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Crusader wrote:
> I like any kind of RR buttons, they are a fairly scarce find. What's the date of it?

According to the button backmark dating book by McGuinn-&-Bazelon, that particular version of Waterbury Button Company backmark, written in "plain block" lettering instead of "serifed" lettering, with three stars below the name, dates from 1890 to 1942. In 1943, the Waterbury Button Company changed its name to The Waterbury Companies, so the backmark changed to saying CO'S, the abbreviation for companies.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The button is a very nice find

OP
OP
poorman15

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like any kind of RR buttons, they are a fairly scarce find. Whats the date of it?

I guess this was already answered... Thanks CannonBallGuy! You're pretty awesome! The find was from a home that was built in the early 1800's and had people living in it until the 1950's so its hard to tell when this button may have been lost there. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread