What's new

Waterproofing the Ace 250 control housing, anyone know how?

SaginawIan

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
679
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
I will be wading in waist deep water with the ace 250 and I want to be sure I don't accidentally submerge the control housing. I read the posts about this and not tipping the rod up causing water to get into the electronics. I will not be intentionally submerging it, but I may slip or trip - you never know. (i know i should get a waterproof detector, but can't afford it right now) I read on here that people have successfully made some type of a waterproof enclosure for the housing. Does someone have a plan or simple instructions on how to do this? Is there a post on this that I'm missing?

thanks,

Ian
 
Its not worth the risk in waist deep water with a 250, just my opinion. ;)
 
I'd say it's possible to waterproof the housing, but it would be one heck of a task. Forunately, the parts inside come apart very nicely. While doing a panel light mod the other day, I was hesitant to take the housing apart as I thought things like the panel buttons would come flying out of place, etc. But it is very simple in there. Someone who is determined to do this could in my opinion.
 
I'm working on just that issue myself. I have modified my 250 with a trigger pinpoint, wireless headset and wider stand. Now I want to build a shallow water machine out of an Ace 250. There have been people that have done it by taking the control apart and fitting the components into a waterproof box. I'm going to waterproof the complete control head leaving it all together. Here is a link to a nice waterproof job. But note that it is expensive and you cannot take the head out and reattach it back on the rod. Doing it my way will.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/index.php/topic,5575.0.html

You might want to check out the modification and garrett forum on the Finds treasure site.
 
Ricardo_NY1 said:
I'd say it's possible to waterproof the housing, but it would be one heck of a task. Forunately, the parts inside come apart very nicely. While doing a panel light mod the other day, I was hesitant to take the housing apart as I thought things like the panel buttons would come flying out of place, etc. But it is very simple in there. Someone who is determined to do this could in my opinion.

Did you make yours light up??? Would love to hear more about this, Thanks Tom
 
Give me about two weeks and I should have some pictures of the Aqua Ace 250.
 
Cant wait to see them........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom