Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We crossed the border into New Hampshire & brought back a little oddity with us

My hunting partner, ddos, and I decided to take a trip up to NH and visit an area close to where some of his relatives live. The area we planned to hunt is somewhere roughly to the North and West of Manchester NH. The site consists of an old school and an adjoining park. Above the main entrance to the school was the date 1890 inscribed in a piece of granite.

As luck would have it, we ran into very heavy traffic during our drive up to NH and, as a result, what would normally have taken 1 hour to drive, ended up taking us just over two hours to complete.

To make matters worse, as we finally approached our destination, we encountered an unexpected rain shower. The rain really dampened our spirits, pun intended, and we almost didn't hunt at all. As I stood there contemplating the idea of not hunting, I thought to myself "I'll be dammed if I'm going to spend twenty bucks in gas and several hours of my time without at least trying to hunt for a couple of minutes despite the rain."

My buddy didn't feel like getting wet and muddy at this point, and so he decided he would just watch while I hunted for "just a minute or two".

I started to swing the coil, and around about the fourth target I came across, with my buddy standing beside me, I declared "pull tab at 3 inches" as I scooped over a flap of grass and soil. To my surprise, lying right on top, was that unmistakable glint of gold. I reached down and pulled out the yet unknown target from the soil to discover it was a gold ring.

The ring is a strange looking one, in fact, in my opinion, it's just plain ugly. Of course I'm glad to have found it just the same.

Now, needless to say, as if by divine intervention, my buddy suddenly found the inspiration to get out his equipment and start mudding it up with me. Ultimately though, our hunting was cut shorter than we would have liked. We hope, however, to go back and hit that park/school area again soon.

Happy Hunting
Johnny Cache

Attachments

• DSCN5331.JPG
    DSCN5331.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 922
  • DSCN5340.JPG
    DSCN5340.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 922
  • DSCN5348.JPG
    DSCN5348.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 903
Upvote 0
Re: We crossed the border into New Hampshire & brought back a little oddity with us

Hey JC,
That reminds me of the movie "The Mask" with Jim Carey.
If strange things start happening around your house or your wake up in a different location.
Well it might be the ring...LOL. ;D ;D ::)
JK
Hate to say this, but that is one scarry looking ring.

Nice find.

Re: We crossed the border into New Hampshire & brought back a little oddity with us

That's an interesting ring, at least you got rewarded for your efforts.

Re: We crossed the border into New Hampshire & brought back a little oddity with

I know what you mean about the rain. You can only last so long in the rain - unless you have good raingear.

Unique ring. Gold is sweet even if it's a little "ugly". 14K?

Bob

Well its...er...uh...nice....no not really :)....but its gold so thats a plus....caution: Do not put it on! ;)

Re: We crossed the border into New Hampshire & brought back a little oddity with

Looks like a little devil with red eyes and pointy ears/horns. Having said that though it has a certain charm and appeal to it.
Having said that, at the end of the day it's GOLD. ;D

Finding anything 14 kt is nice , It is a devil ring > red eyes, little horns, smerky lips , but yes it is 14 kt gold > I'd melt him down or put him on Ebay ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

definitely a strange looking ring but a ring nonetheless and gold even! GRATZ

Very cool ring indeed. I kinda like it just like it is lol. Even if it looks evil, its just a ring. Good find. L8R

HOWLOW

Thanks for all the kind replies.
The ring is actually only 10k, not 14k.
The stones in the eyes look like they could be real however, and have nice coloring.
I looked at them through a 10x Bausch & Lomb - Hastings Triplet Loop that I have.

Thanks Again Everyone!!
Johnny

any gold ring is a good ring! ;D

Gotta say: I like the materials if not the appearance.

But hey, gold's gold and any ring is better than none. ;)

Consider that you didn't melt in the rain, but ugly gold is easily melted down...and saleable.

That's pretty wild lookin Johnny....Think maybe "OZZY" lost it lookin' for his cat...Nice Job!!

Cool, that is one awesome looking ring. I'd love to find a weird one someday. I'm glad that NH was nice to you for all your hard work!

Gold is gold. At least there wasn't a finger in it.

Well, I think it's an exciting and unusal find for sure, awesome!
Congrats on the sweet gold!

Smiles!
BDoo

They say the devil is in the details. You gave us the details and NH gave you the devil. LOL ;D It's gold - that's nice. The devil face is weird, but the whole country is getting weirder by the day, so what the heck. Congrats. When I go fishing, sometimes the best luck I have is during a rain - maybe that works for dirt fishing, too?

JC - that's a pretty Creepy ring, but cool nonetheless.
Any ring is a good ring.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back