Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
first off, the cat is a pretty cat and is a great hunter. it gets critters quite regularly such as shrews, mice, lizards on warm days, birds, as well as the slightly larger ones up to rabbits. However, it is one picky eater, it won't eat chicken, beef or ham and only nibbles slightly on a piece of bacon. (other cats eat this all up quickly). The cat runs up to check it out, gives it a sniff and then nose up and the cold shoulder (the cold shoulder is a common occurrence in the human world too!) It does eat a lot of its catch, leaving pieces around for you to see that it catches stuff.

We have a good brand of cat food, it eats it but gripes the whole time. It really loves the dry dog food that we still have so I sprinkle a little of it on the cat food to shut it up. It goes straight to where the dog food is stored in the large plastic trash can and begins griping as it looks to me and then back to the can. It almost growls as it gives me the look. It is by no means a skinny cat but to listen to it, we starve it. quite the chunk for such a good hunter. one minute you are the best friend, scratch me rub me etc and the next minute it is the brush off. yeah I know, it is a cat.

with the hound hunting dogs, you push them away or even kick them and it is "Oh he loves me!" and they keep coming back for more. the somewhat smarter dogs will be running away from you. As I watch the cat flipping a still live mouse up into the air and batting it around, I am glad that the house cat is so much smaller than me.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Right on that you care about critters around us!

All our left overs go into a pot on our back steps, and each morning the pot is empty. It's mostly the coons who come up to empty that pot.

It is with our neighbors that we live here, and that is the pure beauty we live in with our lives towards our final times. Always be at peace with your neighbors :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, people food is not good for our pets. For some reason, mine don't even try to steal any people food.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes cats, especially outdoor cats will meow or even growl as they are eating. It is just a primitive response to let other cats and animals know that this catch is theirs and they will not have it taken away.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes cats, especially outdoor cats will meow or even growl as they are eating. It is just a primitive response to let other cats and animals know that this catch is theirs and they will not have it taken away.

oh this isn't when eating food, this is when wanting the dog food. know all about being growled at when eating food but this one hasn't yet. it is like the cat is demanding this kind of food

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions