What's new

We the Dowsing skeptics

dowser

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
2,632
Reaction score
1,421
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
Other
I started a thread for the Dowsing skeptics, to post any disbeliefs about Dowsing and debunk the pesky Dowsers..
 
A lot of people “sense” when they are being watched. No explanation scientifically. In some cases it’s paranoia; but not always.
Some folks can bodily sense when it’s going to rain; aching joints, etc.
Who knows? I’m not a big believer, but I have no proof against it.
 
Water witching has been proven time after time.
Map, or globe, or finding precious metals at an actual site, that's a debate for debate.
 
How about a thread on LRL's ? (Long Range Locator) and anyone who has bought one and actually found something with one...
I don't put much faith in EITHER one... (Dousing or LRL's) Years ago while in Spain, a guy we knew paid $$$ for an LRL and brought it on a metal detecting trip with us...
I thought it was funny how he walked around in circles pointing this "Antina" and following it around...
He finally came to a stop and said it was indicating here... and we started to dig, after the hole was 2 feet deep, and our Metal detectors could not pick up a signal in the hole, we gave up..
Of course he said the machine claims to find stuff up to 10 miles and 20 feet deep... or some nonsense... it's like selling you something you can never prove or disprove.... but the Medicine Man says it's the greatest cure since aspirin.. 🤣
Just my 2 cents...
 
Last edited:
... it's like selling you something you can never prove or disprove....
Religion? “Causality” is difficult to prove. It’s why the man-made climate change thing is a religion.
 
I don't know what there is or isn't to dowsing. However, I've seen a lot of really strange and impossible things in my life and no longer completely dismiss a lot of things. Regarding dowsing, I've absolutely seen it work in the location of water pipes. There used to be an older man that located pipes for our local water system. He was so accurate that he'd stick a shovel in the ground and hit the pipe. My take is that I have no idea but as long as nobody is getting scammed then it doesn't hurt anything.
 
Religion? “Causality” is difficult to prove. It’s why the man-made climate change thing is a religion.
There is plenty of proof that climate change is real, but I guise it doesn't matter if it's not your house being destroyed by that Cat 6 hurricane.. 🤣
 
There is plenty of proof that climate change is real, but I guise it doesn't matter if it's not your house being destroyed by that Cat 6 hurricane.. 🤣
No there's plenty of propaganda used and believed as proof for climate change. But your right as long as MY home isn't being destroyed by a Cat 6 hurricane I'm good....!

The earth's climate has be changing for thousands and thousands of years and will continue but not due to mankind now and or before.
 
The earth's climate has be changing for thousands and thousands of years and will continue but not due to mankind now and or before.
You would have to ignore a tremendous body of scientific evidence to arrive at that conclusion. Or, watch all the wrong news sources.
 
You would have to ignore a tremendous body of scientific evidence to arrive at that conclusion. Or, watch all the wrong news sources.
Everything has been changing for thousands of years. I wear a 13 shoe. My dad wore 9’s. The average height of an adult male (middle eastern) in AD 33 was 5’ 1”. Now? Nothing much stays the same.
 
You would have to ignore a tremendous body of scientific evidence to arrive at that conclusion. Or, watch all the wrong news sources.
I'm sure in today's world a tremendous body of scientific evidence exists that was never available before. But tremendous climate change in our distance past has came and went many times. And I'm sure no news sources were speculating about it then either. Humans are arrogant I believe and some even believe that after 150 years of burning fossil fuels we now can control "climate change". And some news outlets now swear to it.
 
Arrogance is saying that there is no way that the rapid build-up of CO2 could be caused by humans, when that's exactly what the evidence is suggesting. It's an avoidable catastrophe that we very likely will choose not avoid. I'll be dead by then so it doesn't really affect me, but it's a shame to see so many people willfully ignore what is happening. Science works the same way whether it's applied to Oak Island, dowsing, or climate and is overwhelmingly the best approach to understanding any of them. That's all I'll say on this as there is no way to avoid the politics involved.
 
You would have to ignore a tremendous body of scientific evidence to arrive at that conclusion. Or, watch all the wrong news sources.
He doesn't care, he is just here to troll everybody, evidence or not..
 
we now can control "climate change"
I'm not sure I've ever heard the we CONTROL Climate change...
That's a new one on me...
I've see where we AFFECT climate change by our actions as humans... it would be wonderful if we could CONTROL it.. then we could FIX IT !!
 
No there's plenty of propaganda used and believed as proof for climate change. But your right as long as MY home isn't being destroyed by a Cat 6 hurricane I'm good....!

The earth's climate has be changing for thousands and thousands of years and will continue but not due to mankind now and or before.
When it comes to climate change no one mentions earths weakening magnetic field. It has been decreasing since 1800 at an increasing rate.

It weakest over south America where spacex has trouble keeping starlink constellations functioning.

By 2040, the field will be so weak that satellites in geosynchronous orbit will no longer be protected and fail.

Losing gps world wide will cause more chaos than climate change.
 
With all the planets out there, the cause of our home planet temporary trashing is irrelevant in the progression of a civilized existence.
We didn't know, and it would make no sense to stop.
We are allowed one world, and one moon, to do what we wish.
Get to space, keep the next one clean, right?
 
Last edited:
I've see where we AFFECT climate change by our actions as humans... it would be wonderful if we could CONTROL it.. then we could FIX IT !!
Well if that's true and we can't control "our actions as humans" then your belief of human caused climate change will never "get fixed".
 
Well if that's true and we can't control "our actions as humans" then your belief of human caused climate change will never "get fixed".
We past the point of no return a long time ago.

I attached a diagram of the interracial cycles caused by Milankovitch cycles shown in RED. I then superimposed what it should be in BLUE. This method shows the average earth temperature should be 8 degrees colder and decreasing yet the earth's temperature is still increasing.

The change in temperature is completely out of the control of mankind.
 

Attachments

  • Actual vs Model Ice Age Graph 12-27-21.webp
    Actual vs Model Ice Age Graph 12-27-21.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 55
We past the point of no return a long time ago.

I attached a diagram of the interracial cycles caused by Milankovitch cycles shown in RED. I then superimposed what it should be in BLUE. This method shows the average earth temperature should be 8 degrees colder and decreasing yet the earth's temperature is still increasing.

The change in temperature is completely out of the control of mankind.
We should be going into another ice age, just think everyone North would be migrating South.
We averted a migration in place of chaotic weather.
 
We should be going into another ice age, just think everyone North would be migrating South.
We averted a migration in place of chaotic weather.
I should point out that had the warming NOT happened, mankind would not have advanced to where we are today.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom