What's new

Weak strike error nickel find

nolifeking

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Here is another interesting coin that I've found. I'm not sure if this is a die adjustment strike or not, but it is definitely a weak strike.

DSCF1533.jpg

DSCF1534.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a greased die.. the most common of the errors.. if it's a so-called error.
 
SFBayArea said:
Looks like a greased die.. the most common of the errors.. if it's a so-called error.

I beg to differ. Grease filled dies are when the weakness is on one side. When both sides show weakness it is a weak strike. I've posted this on a site that deals more with errors and that is what was stated. Trust me I've found my share of grease filled dies as well. I'm not new to the error coin scene.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom