What's new

WEATHER GIVES ME ANOTHER SILVER

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I had to visit the Employee Business Center to get my Medicare Papers filled out. The weather forecast for yesterday was pleasant. The forecast for today was RAIN. (Almost 3/4 of an inch). I decided to switch my plans and take advantage of the good weather.
I took a train ride to Brooklyn. Three train stops away and a short walk to a park. I have had some decent finds in this park in the past.
No sooner do I start swinging the DEUS, I get stopped by a park employee, and asked to produce my permit. His name was Mike and turned out to be a decent guy. After looking at my permit, he promised not to bother me again.
In my first few minutes, I started hitting deep Wheat Pennies. After Mike finished mowing the main lawn, I moved to it to see if there might be some silver left from yesteryear. My very first coin is a SACA Dollar. Shortly after that, I get a 3 Wheat Penny Coin Spill. I picked away at some clad. With about an hour left before sundown, I decided to check a lawn across from a high school. Sure enough, another 2 Wheat Penny Coin Spill and then a 1941 Silver Washington Quarter. Always nice to come home with silver.
My finds for the hunt included: 16q, 9d, 3n, 16 memorials, 9 Wheat Pennies, (39, 40, 44, 45, 46(3), 51, & 52d), a 1941 Washington Quarter and a 1984 Canadian penny.
You have to take advantage of the good weather when you can.

IMG_5432.webpIMG_5431.webp

IMG_5430.webpIMG_5433.webp
 
Upvote 32
Glad you got treated well once you showed you had done your part.

Those parks tremble at the idea of your retirement. : )
 
Sweet hunt - Nice Silver! :occasion14:
 
Nice pile, and congrats on the silver
 
Nice. I have a place in the park (I'm assuming) you go to, that we should check out some time. Very historic!

Congrats on the silver bud
 
Looks like a good day ATW. Congrats on those older spills and that silver Q. :occasion14: Nothing better that digging a few keepers during a hunt. Hoping I pull some silver from a new spot this weekend.
 
Nice job on the silver ATW. We have some time left with good weather.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom