What's new

Weekend Finds: Silver, Buffs & Nickel Die?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Saturday:
I slipped out for a hunt with TNetter, Kurt Stuben. He dug his second career silver, and first Merc! Feeling threaten, I quickly answered with a '51 Rosie. I dug my first buffalo last month (it took 14 months to find it) in attempt to dig another one, I have been digging pull tabs and Jeffersons. Well, it paid off, a nice '36 buffalo showed up under the coil. I also managed to score a little moon and star charm.

Sunday:
I snuck out for a little hunt alone, Mother's Day had everyone else tied up. It was a very good little hunt. I got two old mercs (23 & 36), a half dozen wheaties and a 1927 buffalo. I also found a "die" for a 1954 Jefferson nickel. It is made of aluminum and used to emboss a nickel onto something (clay, foil, wax). Any info on this item is most appreciated.

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150509_160315_469-1.webp
    IMG_20150509_160315_469-1.webp
    331.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20150509_161942_892-1.webp
    IMG_20150509_161942_892-1.webp
    269.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20150509_183954_616-2.webp
    IMG_20150509_183954_616-2.webp
    440.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20150510_135002_346-1.webp
    IMG_20150510_135002_346-1.webp
    404.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20150510_135144_333-1.webp
    IMG_20150510_135144_333-1.webp
    407.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Upvote 24
Very nice CT. Interesting nick for sure bud. Keep it up
 
Great finds CT.
 
You guys are tearing it up! Make sure you stay South of the Border!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom