Weekend Hunt With Some Silver

Hoosier

Apr 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax , Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2
Had some great weather here in Indiana and got to use my new 8x9 coil on my Tesoro Silver UMax. I was hoping my fields would be ready this weekend but the crops haven't been harvested yet. So I hit a old spot and a new spot I've had my eye on. My best finds were a 1936 Merc , 1945s War Nickel and a 1939 Nickel. I also found three rings and alot of junk. I have tennis elbow real bad again and will probably have to few days off again !

Attachments

• Treasure100.JPG
    Treasure100.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 415
  • Treasure105.JPG
    Treasure105.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 417
  • Treasure101.JPG
    Treasure101.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 419
  • Treasure102.JPG
    Treasure102.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Treasure103.JPG
    Treasure103.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 403
  • Treasure104.JPG
    Treasure104.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 0

midirtdevil

Sep 21, 2008
Holland, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Crap!!! Thats a good day for you. Where did you find all that? A field? Ya did well, my friend. Keep on huntin! :lurk: :lurk: :lurk:

OP
OP
Hoosier

Hoosier

Apr 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Chatking,

Thanks for the post. I'm paying the price with my elbow hurting the way it is. My Tesoro buddies have told me set the discrimnation on Foil and dig any solid hits. So I dig almost everything:) I found the older coins came from a school that was established in 1898. Most of the clad & rings came from a older school site with a large amount of athletic fields near it. The old volunteer fire department use to have a turkey shoot on this site when most of the land was used for agriculture and not athletic fields.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes Hoosier!!! :o :o :o
You'll have Indiana cleaned up in no time at that rate. :wink:
Congrats on the Merc. :thumbsup:
-MM-

OP
OP
Hoosier

Hoosier

Apr 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the posts everyone. Yes I'm addicted to metal detecting. Hope to hit the fields soon.

Doug,
Where do you purchase your display cases ? I'm getting enough stuff now that I would like to buy one. The 8x9 coil isn't to bad to pinpoint with also. I 've got another area that I plan on hunting again soon. It's a very old site and very tough to hunt. I would like to send you a PM with information and Google Earth view of the site to get you imput where you would hunt it. When is the next video coming out ???

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoosier said:
Thanks for the posts everyone. Yes I'm addicted to metal detecting. Hope to hit the fields soon.

Doug,
Where do you purchase your display cases ? I'm getting enough stuff now that I would like to buy one. The 8x9 coil isn't to bad to pinpoint with also. I 've got another area that I plan on hunting again soon. It's a very old site and very tough to hunt. I would like to send you a PM with information and Google Earth view of the site to get you imput where you would hunt it. When is the next video coming out ???

On those Riker cases, I buy from a guy on E-bay. He seems to have the best prices around. His link is:
http://stores.ebay.com/COLLIER-CREATIONS_Display-Cases_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ1QQtZkm

PM me on that site when you get time. I'll be out of town this week from Wed. -Sun.

You know, I almost wished I was filming at my last hunt when the old man was bashing me for being a Yankee. ;D

I bet me see you scoring some old coins out of that field in the near future. :thumbsup:
Good luck,
Doug

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Incredible finds...WTG!

I'm hoping you're south of me...LOL

From one Hoosier to another...HH

au4me2

Sep 8, 2007
Ma.
Detector(s) used
Depends on what Im looking for!
Hoosier,
A real treasure hunter would just use the other arm,HH :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Hoosier

Hoosier

Apr 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
au4me2 said:
Hoosier,
A real treasure hunter would just use the other arm,HH :icon_pirat:

Believe it or not I'm getting much better left handed:) With a little more time I think I could use either arm. The only problem is the digging. I haven't quite mastered digging with the left hand though :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Hoosier

Hoosier

Apr 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
ModernMiner said:
Hoosier said:

Doug,

On those Riker cases, I buy from a guy on E-bay. He seems to have the best prices around. His link is:
http://stores.ebay.com/COLLIER-CREATIONS_Display-Cases_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ1QQtZkm

PM me on that site when you get time. I'll be out of town this week from Wed. -Sun.

You know, I almost wished I was filming at my last hunt when the old man was bashing me for being a Yankee. ;D

I bet me see you scoring some old coins out of that field in the near future. :thumbsup:
Good luck,
Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the information. I will try and get the site information out to you tonight. Thanks Again !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread