What's new

Weekend hunt with the BOB and loco

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,555
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We heard loco digger was heading north so we invited him on a BOB hunt
Bartek is over in Warsaw digging hammered coins so
Loco stepped in for him
And did a great job ( I'm sure he will post his finds.
Here are mine.
1 flying eagle ( my first )
2 shield nickels
4 Indians one 65 fatty
1918 merc
2 buffalo
4 wheats
1 air plane charm
1 diamond and ruby and gold stick pin
Plus a boat load of iron and junk
And my very first
Hibernian copper. My first also ( thanks for the ID SCRAPPY)
all in all a great weekend hanging out with scrappy and loco digger
Thanks for reading hh gl
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    695.5 KB · Views: 205
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    553.1 KB · Views: 152
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    252.1 KB · Views: 139
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    851.8 KB · Views: 152
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    252.9 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 38
Looks like you had a great hunt. I'm sure hunting with Scrappy & Loco made it fun in itself. I dont know either one personally, but I do like both of their posts here on the T-net.
 
Charlie, it's always a pleasure hunting with you brother. Seems you had the oldies for the day - several of your finds bested mine by 50-75 years.

That George 3rd 1805-1806 Hibernia is a great find. Too bad the ground was so rough on it for 200 years.

Later dude
 
That's a nice hand full of stuff that you found. I like that little airplane charm... as well as the coins. Congrats on your first Hibernia.

LD will be visiting me in a couple of weeks, I hope that we do as well as you guys did.

Best of luck to you and The BOB crew!
 
The pin would be my pick of the litter, nice find.
 
Wow thats a lot of goodies!
Congrats!
Great hunt you guys had!
 
The diamond and ruby pin would be my pick as well. WTG!
 
Great hunt Charlie and congrats on your first FE :headbang: I've found two FE's, but never a fatty IHP... I'm cursed. Awesome job on the Hibernia too man.

Brad
 
Great finds, the pin is really top notch.
 
congrats on your first finds. nice stuff.
 
Congrats Charlie, even though I was there and already oooo'd and ahhh'd over them I will make it official on Tnet. You guys rock. :notworthy: Congrats on digging a few bucket listers. I never seen a Hibernian coin in person before. That gold pin is an awesome find. You know you are in for a great day when you pull it from your 1st plug. Thanks again for taking me to many sites so I could pull my 1st colonial coin. I doubt if you ever travel out this way, but just know that my Casa is your Casa.
 
Last edited:
Congratualtions on the multi-team hunt, you found some very nice items! :occasion14:
 
Great hunt Charlie and congrats on your first FE :headbang: I've found two FE's, but never a fatty IHP... I'm cursed. Awesome job on the Hibernia too man.

Brad

Thanks outdooradv. I have 1 FE but at least 6-8
Fatties I have super early copper but my oldest USA silver is trime.
Not one seated or capped bust , so I'll keep looking. Hh gl.
 
Congrats Charlie, even though I was there and already oooo'd and ahhh'd over them I will make it official on Tnet. You guys rock. :notworthy: Congrats on digging a few bucket listers. I never seen a Hibernian coin in person before. That gold pin is an awesome find. You know you are in for a great day when you pull it from your 1st plug. Thanks again for taking me to many sites so I could pull my 1st colonial coin. I doubt if you ever travel out this way, but just know that my Casa is your Casa.

Kevin it was my pleasure having you visit , I will say this this hobby saved my life , in more ways than one
The people I've met ( on tnet alone) Are great and I'm happy to host you guys when I can
Again great meeting all you people keep swinging hh gl
 
Sweet hunt,, Flying Eagle is a bucket lister for me.
The stick pin rocks.
Congrats
 
Thanks outdooradv. I have 1 FE but at least 6-8
Fatties I have super early copper but my oldest USA silver is trime.
Not one seated or capped bust , so I'll keep looking. Hh gl.

Funny how that stuff works. My oldest USA is the 1824 Half... but never dug a seated, got a hand full of Spanish though... no fatty ihps, but dozens and dozens of large coppers. Its actually a little exciting, because my first seated and fatty ihp will be exciting for me.
 
Congrats on some nice finds, and what sounds like a great time! That Ruby looks pretty big and may fetch a few bucks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom