Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello TNettters. I have been on a little bit of a silver drought. I found my last silver coin on 12.26.14. The weather and work have not been cooperating with me. Fear not, the drought is over.

SATURDAY:
I went hunting with Smittyman. We went to a 1907 house that he had permission to hunt. Smittyman's first target, silver Rosie... 10 minutes later, he dug another one. I had not dug a silver in three weeks, so I was just stunned that he would do that right in front of me. I dug nothing but modern clad and three wheaties. After lunch I went to the back of the house (so I didn't have to watch Smitty digging silver coins) and got a weird looking bullet and not much else, then bang, nice high tone, and out pops a 925 and onyx ring. Whew, finally found something worth keeping.

SUNDAY:
I met Todd Lipe for a bit of hunting in Kannapolis NC, home of Dale Earnhardt, and boy does it show. Yikes. We hit a couple spots that he had lined up for us. I was able to get the first silver coin of the year, a 1937 Quarter, that silver was a sight for sore eyes. I also managed to scratch up three wheaties and one Canadian cent. I found an FDR token, I assume from The Little White House in Warm Springs, Ga. because that is what is written on the reverse.

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Attachments

• IMG_20150118_164845_262-1.jpg
    IMG_20150118_164845_262-1.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20150118_171509_960-1.jpg
    IMG_20150118_171509_960-1.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20150118_171849_666-1.jpg
    IMG_20150118_171849_666-1.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 10

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Tom! Cool Silver/Onyx ring and the presidential token is pretty sweet. I have yet to find one. Good job getting on the Silver board for 2015!

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding that FDR token - you dig up some weird stuff - but kewl nevertheless!

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TNettters. I have been on a little bit of a silver drought. I found my last silver coin on 12.26.14. The weather and work have not been cooperating with me. Fear not, the drought is over.

SATURDAY:
I went hunting with Smittyman. We went to a 1907 house that he had permission to hunt. Smittyman's first target, silver Rosie... 10 minutes later, he dug another one. I had not dug a silver in three weeks, so I was just stunned that he would do that right in front of me. I dug nothing but modern clad and three wheaties. After lunch I went to the back of the house (so I didn't have to watch Smitty digging silver coins) and got a weird looking bullet and not much else, then bang, nice high tone, and out pops a 925 and onyx ring. Whew, finally found something worth keeping.

SUNDAY:
I met Todd Lipe for a bit of hunting in Kannapolis NC, home of Dale Earnhardt, and boy does it show. Yikes. We hit a couple spots that he had lined up for us. I was able to get the first silver coin of the year, a 1937 Quarter, that silver was a sight for sore eyes. I also managed to scratch up three wheaties and one Canadian cent. I found an FDR token, I assume from The Little White House in Warm Springs, Ga. because that is what is written on the reverse.

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Thanks for not telling everybody that I didn't find anything yesterday.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for not telling everybody that I didn't find anything yesterday.

You found a lot of good stuff yesterday... fellowship, good company and a free fried chicken lunch! It does not get much better than that. Thanks again for taking me hunting! See ya soon.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good morning Thomas! Now as I see it a silver/onyx ring trumps two lowly Roosevelt dimes any day so although you were cringing and puckering while he dug them, you have to know he was doing the same after he saw that ring! As for Sunday's hunt, who could complain with a silver Washington quarter. You had a very nice and productive weekend. Congrats to you my friend!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regarding that FDR token - you dig up some weird stuff - but kewl nevertheless!

Tom, Cjon tells me that when he whips my butt on hunts too. Don't you just hate it? I like that ring. Looks like a man's?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Tom,

Very nice finds! The coin finds are cool.

Regards,

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning Thomas! Now as I see it a silver/onyx ring trumps two lowly Roosevelt dimes any day so although you were cringing and puckering while he dug them, you have to know he was doing the same after he saw that ring! As for Sunday's hunt, who could complain with a silver Washington quarter. You had a very nice and productive weekend. Congrats to you my friend!

Thanks for the kind words Jay.
The ring weighs 10 grams, a dime weighs 2.5 grams... so in terms of silver weight, the ring is as good as 4 Rosies! I just don't like to see Smittyman find anything at all. It makes me sad when he finds something good!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you can smile big on that silver find! Congrats! Really nice ring!

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and nice weekend to do it. I bet I have heard Smittyman say to me more than a dozen time over the last 2 years that that house his nephew lived in was hunted out. Didn't find a thing there when I hunted it. Must have been hunted before. Goes to show there is always a squeaker to be found.

cojo

Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul Corolina Tom! Love the token!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atta boy CT. Love seeing you fellas pulling the goods while I'm hibernating

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job tom!, sadly my first 2015 silver probly won't come til march/april............

*crickets chirping*

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job tom!, sadly my first 2015 silver probly won't come til march/april............

*crickets chirping*

Hang in there Chris. The Spring season will be here shortly. This gives me a good chance to get a little head start on you guys... sorry, I meant Use guys!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there Chris. The Spring season will be here shortly. This gives me a good chance to get a little head start on you guys... sorry, I meant Use guys!

Thanks but I'll be way behind you with your deus and me w my atpro, love my machine but yours is in an entirely different league

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some nice finds. I also got my first silver of 2015 over the weekend, only a '46 Rosie but it counts.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Killer ring!

Top Member Reactions