What's new

Weekend: Pewter Button & IHC

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
It hasn't rained much in the last month, so I was glad to see it rain, however, it kept me from hunting very much this weekend.

Smittyman and I got a couple of hours in on Saturday. P@tch and I were completely rained out on Sunday.

Here is what I was able to locate:

- My first pewter button. ID'd by Crusader as circa 1780s.
- 1893 IHC (#7 for the year... I only got 8 in all of 2015)
- Junk ring
- Adjustment knob from oil lamp. It says "REISSUED JUN. 30 1868". I can't read what it says on the outer part of the ring. Anything that says 1800s on it is good for me.

We are going to NJ to hunt in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can find something good to post on that adventure.

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160327_153059_604-1.webp
    IMG_20160327_153059_604-1.webp
    240.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20160326_132135_906-2.webp
    IMG_20160326_132135_906-2.webp
    118.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20160325_182748_273-1.webp
    IMG_20160325_182748_273-1.webp
    143.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20160327_152057_956-1.webp
    IMG_20160327_152057_956-1.webp
    159.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20160327_152202_461-1.webp
    IMG_20160327_152202_461-1.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 28
Nice finds Mr. Tom. By the green on that button I would say it's a crude brass one vs. pewter. I found a similar one at a Rev War site
 
Some nice treasures!! And Good Luck in NJ!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom